X5 Laser Radiation

I don't intend on getting involved in the debate so much simply because whether or not laser therapy works at all to benefit the hair loss sufferer is all over the forum.

However, I did learn from Lexington International after speaking with them at the annual ISHRS scientific meeting, that the private study released to the FDA of laser hair restoration efficacy is soon going to be released publicly. Why it wasn't released prior, I'm not sure.

I know for one, I will certainly be interested to read it.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 months later...

I would love to completely agree with Dr. Feller but until the studies conclude without a shadow of a doubt, I would have to remain skeptical but not closed minded. After all, Vitamin D3 is produced in skin exposed to sunlight, specifically ultraviolet B radiation and Vitamin D plays an important role in the maintenance of organ systems, immune system etc... all from which we "Synthesize" much like a plant. Point being is we can't simply turn our heads and scoff at new ideas just because the idea itself sounds absurd. If that were the case, our world map would look pretty funny huh?

'It is what we think we know that keeps us from learning.'

- Chester Barnard

'It is better to know nothing than to know what ain't so.'

- Josh Billings

'The more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.'

- Albert Einstein

Originally posted by Dr. Alan Feller:

As it is, we are not plants, and so subjecting any part of our bodies to light will not impart any useful "energy" and most certainly will NOT positively affect our physiology in any meaningful way.

Humans don't benefit from exposure to light???

And you call yourself a Doctor???

Why are newborns exposed to light when suffering from jaundice?

What is paramount to Vitamin D synthesis???

I don't own a laser comb/brush/lamp but certainly will not discount that light therapy is and has been shown to be therapeutic for a host of different ailments as starting with jaundiced newborns. Laser technology is a burgeoning business for skin repair in the cosmetic surgical world. Much to the glee of your cohorts in the medical establishment.

I'm not endorsing that a laser comb works or does not work, but getting FDA approval for anything is damn near impossible as most biotech companies CEO's would tell you. The FDA has concluded for at least one product that it has show efficacy.

Now as a guy that does hair transplants may not like that fact as it may eventually put a dent in your practice, I would not go as far as to say flat out that it doesn't work, nor does light therapy offer humans any benefit when there is a host of indications already proven and used by the medical establishment.

I think the lasar comb or any X5 type of treatment results vary from Individuals. Just like taking Propecia-- I've seen some results that have grown back a lot of hair and others that havent done anything.

In science and medicine you have a degree of probable success with various clinical trials but their isnt ANYTHING out there medicine or other that is 100%.

So just like one person reacts differently to drugs (some help some doesnt), I believe the Laser is the same-- it might help some and do nothing for others.

If this was only $100 like a month of Propecia, I think most people would say go ahead and try it as you have nothing to loose. But at $500 or even $300 for the X5-- you need to have higher success rates to really recommend a person spending that kind of money. If a person can afford it, I say go ahead and give it a try.

SMOOTHY

Dr. Shapiro

Rogaine xra-Propecia

MSM/Zinc/Saw Pallmetto

Enlyten anti-oxidant daily