1 month progress 1st ht, Shaved my head today with a #1 buzzer

Given your new hair cut and the stubble growing in @ your new hair line (which frames your face MUCH better) that is a dramatic change in appearance already. Im not tryin' to pucker up here, but really the old hair cut with the receding line looked kind of shabby/untaken care of; this new look makes for a material difference.

Lighting can really play a significant role as well. I was about to comment that you didn't have ANY redness in your recipient area but after going through your weblog under your signiture, there is one pic where the pinkness is more evident.

Scar:

looks good. I was going to comment that it appeared somewhat high, but it's very difficult to tell w/your head tilted in that pic. How is it?

Also, what happened to your fore head im. post op? How many days post op is that?

Could Dr.E have gone for more grafts if you elected?

Takes balls to buzz down and show the scar. It will improve in time, one month is nothing. Work on top looks blurry in the pics but from wha I can tell, you have planned it nicely, Good growing my friend!!

NoBuzz

Thanks notgoingbald. Actually the pinkness is not bad at all. I have taken off my hat a few times and friends have no clue or said That my head looked pink. They have no clue I did the ht. I have to keep the hat on now for awhile(since I shaved the head down and the scar is out to the world. Hopefully no wise guys tip my hat. !! When me & the doc talked about donor scar size and my lax was tight bro,I wanted as small as possible for a scar and we went longer and narrower and the higher we went the more grafts could come out. I was scheduled for 2300 grafts and he pulled out almost 3000 for me. The 1st post op pics where 4 days after surgery when I flew back to Boston from Miami. What did you mean when you asked about the forehead im?

What did you mean when you asked about the forehead im?

in your immediate post op pics in your weblog (the one under your signiture not the gallery in this thread) there is a bandaid over your forehead...

Re strip extraction placement/scar size/max# of grafts:

so was your density (in terms of donor grafts per sq. cm) greater higher on the back of your head as opposed to a few cm lower? I was referring to the *highness* of the scar w/respect to the BACK of your head, not the sides. Does the density issue still hold true?

If so, then this is interesting to me because another poster (gimmiehair) also had a scar higher than usual, more so than yours, and his justification was precisely the same as yours w/exception to the fact that he was an unpatterned diffuse thinner, so it didn't matter *where* the donor hair came from...

The doc said I had a jackpot for donor hairs and density was a key issue since I had fine hair and darker in shade hair color,this was after the fact of removing the strip. Maybe he knew something I did not. I told the doc that he is in charge and do your thing. I trusted this Guy completely

That??????s exactly right- my choice of the donor area is based upon several criteria: the density of the area, the minimization of scarring (in general those scars that are a bit higher like where yours is located heal with the narrowest scar), and the risk of future hair loss in the back of the head.

Your donor density was around 95 fu/cm.

Total graft distribution:

1 hair: 828

2 hair: 1715

3 hair: 378

4 hair: 42

Total: 2953

Jeffrey S. Epstein, MD, FACS

Miami and NYC

www.foundhair.com

www.womenscenterforhairloss.com

www.plasticsurgeryoftheface.com

ngb2gb the doc answered the question for us and I cut and pasted it from my email