Out of town and can only get Women's Rogaine foam for next week. Am I in trouble?

Neptune

Had to leave town and go to a part of my state that has only a small Wal Mart that at this time only carries Women's foam. Unfortunately, forgot to pack my Rogaine Foam. I've been using the Men's foam for the last year. So my question is this: Will using Rogaine 2% foam versus 5% for a week cause a shed or other problems? If so, I better drive an hour to the next town to get some foam.

Neptune,

I know that stopping Rogaine even for a short time may cause loss of the benefited hairs however, I am not sure how long.

I imagine that using 2% for a week instead of 5% should be fine - but everyone responds differently.

Perhaps someone else can give you better assurance on this. I hate to tell you to drive the extra hour - but since I doubt anyone can guarantee to you what will happen, it might be worth it for peace of mind.

Bill

I hear ya Bill. To make matters worse, it isn't even Foam! My wife comes back from the Wal Mart and says oops, all they had was the liquid.

I think I'll just hoof it up Friday and get the real deal so I don't have to worry about it.

Neptune,

I can pretty confidently say that you don't have to worry about it for only a week. There is no way that it will be detrimental to the hair in that period of time. Remember that the main idea behind Rogaine is that it stimulate the scalp by increasing the bloodflow to the area. You are still getting the stimulation with the 2% and it takes much longer for an eschemic environment to occur.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90