ROBOCUT For Post HT Haircuts

I must say that I'm impressed with this piece of gear.

After a HT, your hair will be in disarray for a number of reasons (scar redness, shock loss, etc). I'm happy to report that the robocut home hair cut system works great and has given me a "normal" post-HT haircut.

If you're not familiar with the Robocut, it is a vaccum cleaner-based haircut system. It allows you to accurately control your hair length, which is important post HT if you are dealing with shock loss or a red scar.

Arguably more important its that it lets you cope with your hair during the doldrums and reduces risk of going to short (or too long) at the salon.

I started at 3" all around, then slowly brought it down to 2" all around. This is the point where I felt the scar was starting to show. Then I tapered it above my ears and around the back at 1 1/2". Finally I used a second mirror and scissors to clean up above the ears and across the back. It looks like a normal layered, "bald guy" salon haircut, minus any buzz effects (which would grow out in 2 weeks anyway.)

Unfortunately, the motor inside the unit does not inspire confidence and it seems to struggle. I may have to return this one for another, but so far it did haircut #1 better than expected.

Add this tool to your "post HT bag of tricks".

I've met quite a few hair piece wearers who love the Robocut. I definitely think it's time for me to buy one.

Right now I'm using a self made Robocut. I use my blade guards with my Wahl trimmer and my vacuum hose and it works really well. I definitely like the concept as I hate paying for haircuts icon_smile.gif

I am curious about your scar showing at 2" all around. Do you think with more time for your scar to heal you can cut a little closer?

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

Originally posted by Peter Mac:

I've met quite a few hair piece wearers who love the Robocut. I definitely think it's time for me to buy one.

Right now I'm using a self made Robocut. I use my blade guards with my Wahl trimmer and my vacuum hose and it works really well. I definitely like the concept as I hate paying for haircuts icon_smile.gif

I am curious about your scar showing at 2" all around. Do you think with more time for your scar to heal you can cut a little closer?

I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO! There is significant shock loss on one side, but the red scar is about the thickness of a magic marker, not a pencil as advertized. Not sure how this will look when it is no longer red.

Im not posting any details of my HT until it is grown out because there are several aspects of it that I am dissatisifed with that I think could have been performed or communicated better.

TheEmperor,

That's interesting, I have never heard of this.

I'm glad it's working for you.

Personally, I just used clippers and kept my hair nice and short, but it sounds like this gives a lot of flexibility.

Peter Mac,

welcome back to our forum community. I have seen many of your posts in the past and know that you are very knowledgable about hair loss and hair transplantation, so your input is valued and appreciated here.

Please also however, add any necessary disclaimer if you are currently employed by a physician.

I see that your signature on Hair Loss Help reads

"Disclaimer--I am an independent hair transplant surgical assistant, consultant, and hair loss researcher. Any opinions that I have posted are my own."

Please be sure to add a similar disclaimer here. However, if you are working for a particular physician at any given time, please be sure to note that in your signature as well.

Thanks,

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for the compliments. I've been asked to post here more often by many people so I will make an effort to do so.

I am not currently employed by any physicians.

There are many doctors who are exceptional at what they do. I feel my goal in the hair loss industry has always been to help patients find the best hair transplant options and hair loss treatments for them as individuals. My future plans in the hair loss/transplant world will continue to focus on that mission.

I will update my signature accordingly as needed.

I am an independent hair transplant surgical consultant and hair loss researcher. Any opinions I have posted are my own. I am working on a few hair loss/transplant projects and will be making some announcements concerning them in the near future.

I SURE AS HELL HOPE SO! There is significant shock loss on one side, but the red scar is about the thickness of a magic marker, not a pencil as advertized. Not sure how this will look when it is no longer red.
I did some research into scar redness a while back. I noticed a few interesting things. In some cases it wasn't actually the scar that was red, but the suture points. For example, from a distance one scar looked like a huge, bright red scar, but up close the only red marks were the suture points. The scar line itself was actually not that bad (white in some cases).

After a few months they did lighten up--finally. I would be interested in seeing your scar up close.

hi peter,i too was discussing this a few weeks back with someone,i believe you are correct that the redness of the suture marks make the scar look wide from a distance sending the patient into sheer panic thinking he has "stretched" it.mine looked this way for 2-3 weeks

2381 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2201 fut Dr Bessam Farjo

2000+ fut Dr Bessam Farjo

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Bessam Farjo

challenge the unchallenged.

Yes, in some cases I even had trouble finding those red suture dots with my 50x microscope, but from several feet away the "scar" looked really nasty. 2-3 weeks is pretty good healing. I noticed that redness took a couple of months to subside in some people.

You'll have to forgive me as I don't know all of the Emperor's story and what date he had his transplant. How long has it been?

Peter,

Well, we appreciate your input and involvement in our community. I have read a number of your posts on HLH and always enjoy reading them.

I feel my goal in the hair loss industry has always been to help patients find the best hair transplant options and hair loss treatments for them as individuals. My future plans in the hair loss/transplant world will continue to focus on that mission.

Amen! It sounds like we have the same goals.

Thank you also for creating your signature and for your willingness to update it as needed.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 3 years later...
Guest super

Today, more celebrityhairstylesblog

and more people are stressed for a number of reasons.celebrityhairstylesblog

Despite the fact that we have technology on our side many people find themselves not celebrityhairstylesblog

having enough money to pay the bills and certainly not having enough money to go out and enjoy themselves.

There are a number of ways that stress can be dealt with. Firstly, it is celebrityhairstylesblog

important to acknowledge that there is stress so that it can be dealt with. Addressing your diet is one of the fastest celebrityhairstylesblog

ways that you can start to reduce the stress in your life. Leafy green vegetables are a very good source of magnesium. Spinach is one of the best sources of magnesium that you can find. Whole wheat bread, brown rice, pumpkin seeds, dark chocolate and black beans are also very good sources of magnesium. Where possible, try to eat organic food as it has higher concentrations of magnesium than regular food. So when you are under stress, it is very important to take a magnesium supplement. Now that you know this, you are able to implement these changes into your life and you will see positive results in your life.