Actor Peter Boyle passed away

nobuzz4me

I loved this guy, his role as the Father in one of my favorite shows, "Everybody Loves Raymond", was just hilarious.

Don't you admire how his extreme baldness never held back his career as it does to many other balding guys?

He was 71 and died of heart disease and multiple myeloma. He had survived a stroke and a heart attack in his later years.

NoBuzz

I loved this guy, his role as the Father in one of my favorite shows, "Everybody Loves Raymond", was just hilarious.

Don't you admire how his extreme baldness never held back his career as it does to many other balding guys?

He was 71 and died of heart disease and multiple myeloma. He had survived a stroke and a heart attack in his later years.

NoBuzz

Guest Cousin_It

I really loved him too, he just had a way about him. I have been a big fan of his since Young Frankenstein. I really thought he was older than 71, guess his lack of hair contributed to this. He was a very gifted actor and I know will be greatly missed by all.

Yes, he looked older than 71. I think it was a combination of his health and the lack of hair.

Speaking of NW-7; I saw a guy in the grocery store yesterday who was a NW-7, but had a thick patch of hair on the top. It was an obvious transplant. It looked REALLY strange because with a NW-7, not only does the crown grow large, but the sides also recede down. So he had a big gap between his transplanted hair and his ears. Very strange looking.

2700 Total Grafts w/ Keene 9/28/05

663 one's = 663

1116 two's = 2232

721 three's = 2163

200 four's = 800

Hair Count = 5858

1000 Total Grafts w/Keene 2/08/07

Mostly combined FU's for 2600+ hairs

My Photo Album

See me at Dr. Keene's Gallery

Peter Boyle was a funny guy, loved him on Everybody Loves Raymond. Ever see him in "The Dream Team"? It's hilarious!!

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Yes, I thought the same thing when I heard the news. He was very severely bald and likely had been that way from an early age. I made the same observation about another actor recently (Jeffrey Tamblor?). Funny thing how that's the first thing those of us who deal with this issue notice in others.

He certainly did not let his balding hold him back from having a distinguished career and a wife and daughters who adored him. That's admirable.

Interesting note how he was friends with John Lennon who served as his best man. I would have never known that. I did not follow him closely but enjoyed his portrayal of the father on "Raymond". Reminded me a little bit of my father in law! He was not a young man by any means but too bad he couldn't have had another 5 or l0 years. I guess we should look at it that after a struggle with failing health he is "OK" now.

Phil