quality surgeons in uk??

hi all

i know that there are so many surgeons based in the states,i have seen one name mentioned so many times,dr wong and hansson,for now my hair loss is still early stages as after reading peoples reviews and advise on not worth the scars for small surgeory,and shock loss from treatment,i have decided to leave surgeory till it can be performend and be worth while,i just want to know that when the time is right would i be better traveling to the states to recieve the best surgeory available or is there any really recomendable dr`s available in the uk?when i have the procedure done i want it to be as sucessful as it possibly can be.

thanks for all advice

simon

hi all

i know that there are so many surgeons based in the states,i have seen one name mentioned so many times,dr wong and hansson,for now my hair loss is still early stages as after reading peoples reviews and advise on not worth the scars for small surgeory,and shock loss from treatment,i have decided to leave surgeory till it can be performend and be worth while,i just want to know that when the time is right would i be better traveling to the states to recieve the best surgeory available or is there any really recomendable dr`s available in the uk?when i have the procedure done i want it to be as sucessful as it possibly can be.

thanks for all advice

simon

We all want our surgeries to be a success! If you are serious about having a HT performed then do your research and you will soon realise that in order to get the most out of your HT you need to travel to the U.S or Canada to get the best possible work performed. Many guys in the UK end up having work done here and have to then travel to the US to have that work repaired.

Do not go to any UK clinic for anything to do with hair!! i have heard loads or horror stories. Speak to Spex, who knows everything there is to do with HT. He is also based in the uk and can meet up with you to discuss things.

thankyou,for the prompt replys so far,i was going to attend an appointment with the hospital group in the uk,im 32yrs old and it has only really been the last 2yrs it has been noticeable that my crown is becoming thinner,the front seems to have started to receede within the last 6 months,i have researched a little about a transplant,and it seems common advice to leave surgery until absoloutly necessary because of risk of shock loss and the scar for minor work,im quite sesitive about the jokes from work collegues even though try to make light humour of it,that one reason im considering surgery now before it reaches the point of the monk look,but long term would i be better leaving it now??maybe specs would be a good source of information,i have included some pics,please give honest oppinion what you think is best to do.

many thanks

simon

my_hair_loss_008.jpg.e9c1da8b13c4a3ae99decdb53951bbcd.jpg

While I certainly am glad you found this site, your hairloss is not enought to even warrant thinking about getting a HT. I would suggest you start Propecia every other day at this point. You have more hair than most us will after 7000+ grafts!!!!!!!!! Lucky Dog!!!! Get the pills and monitor yourself closely.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

thanks for your reply B spot,i was on propecia for about 10,11 months but was still experiencing hair loss,infact to the point where i had convinced myself that it was getting worse since using the drug,i know for now my hair loss is still early stages but its becoming more noticeable month to month,and like most people experiencing hair loss yes it bothers me,and concerns me enough to want to conceal it even at this early stage,but from reading peoples views im am trying to assess whether i would do more harm than good going ahead with surgery,

bye the way great sight appreciate everyones advice thankyou

The hospital group are the worst clinic in the UK and that takes some doing as there is stiff competition for the worst UK clinic.Talk to Bal about them icon_mad.gif

You seriously do not need a HT. You will possibly only make things worse ie shockloss.

If propecia didn't work then try DUT as its stronger than propecia at blocking DHT.

You should not get a HT!!

799simonb,

I also live in the UK and after a lot of research failed to find a single outstanding result performed in the UK and yet have heard many horror stories. So to ensure excellent results I went to the US to have my HT.

I would agree with BSpot in that it doesnt look like you require a HT at this time and that you are lucky to be in pretty good shape for a 32 year old. You should also be happy to know that the FDA approved meds Propecia and Minoxidil for hairloss work best on the crown.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

cheers guys for all the advice,i think for now as advised i will leave surgery till its a little more necessary,it just annoys me when people with a full head of hair suggest,oh just shave it all off!as if its no big deal about loosing your hair,i have tried propecia jakevig for best part of year but found i was still loosing hair fast,i will give dut a try,thanks again to all

Originally posted by 799simonb:

cheers guys for all the advice,i think for now as advised i will leave surgery till its a little more necessary,it just annoys me when people with a full head of hair suggest,oh just shave it all off!as if its no big deal about loosing your hair,i have tried propecia jakevig for best part of year but found i was still loosing hair fast,i will give dut a try,thanks again to all

799simonb,

The initial shedding from Propecia is actually a good indication that it may be working. You should give it about 6-12 months before you judge its efficacy. I gave it about 18 months and most of my hairloss within that time before I switched to Avodart. Unfortunately Im about 2 months in and experiencing shedding with Avodart as well. This may be just more hairloss but Im going to stay the course as it seems to be the most effective medication available. You should also be using and anti inflammatory shampoo like Nizoral as well as it provides the optimum scalp conditions for Propecia to work.

You can read about propecia shedding here:

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/productreviews/men/propecia/

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006