spironolactone

I am a woman

I know this is not a question about an ht, but i was wondering if anyone has experience with a doctor in California that has prescribed topical spironolactone? I am looking for a doctor that will help me. I do not think i am a good candidate for an ht, as i have thinning all over which has gotten reaally bad in the last year. PLEASE ANYONE WHO COULD OFFER ME SOME HELP WITH SPIRONOLACTONE, i would appreciate it.

thanks

thank you. I tried to do a consult with Dr. Lee, but they said they are not taking any more women patients. Is there anywhere esle i can get topical spironolactone?

Please someone help me. I have been looking for some kind of help for months now, and i am runnking out of hope.

Hair loss in women is caused by increased production rates of testosterone (T), not dihydrotestosterone (DHT). Spironolactone is an unproven topical DHT inhibitor, which won't do you any good. Click Here

The only options for women are Rogaine 2% and Rogaine 5%. Rogaine 5% is sold for women in AUS but not the US or UK, but the formulation is the same, the only difference is the packaging.

You might want to try Rogaine 2% for 4 months first, and then if you don't see results you're happy with and you don't experience side effects, then you can step up to Rogaine 5%.