Tuns of little white hairs every where!!

SocialD

I'm 25 and been loosing my hair since about 22 I've been on propecia for about three and a half months along with a formula of 2% minoxidil lotion with 0.025% Tretinoin (Retin-A)

Recently I've noticed that where my hair is thining and where the male patern baldnes has caused bald spots (front and back) a ton of little white hairs have cropped in. Basicly it looks like my original hair line is growing back in.

I guess my question would be, is there anything I can do to ensure that these hair turn into terminal hairs?

I'm pretty stoked if these hairs become terminal hair then I'll have my original full head of hair.

At your age this just "might" be the case. Keep in mind it will take a few months for them to thicken and strengthen. I am 40 and after a year on Propecia, many of these little hairs that already existed in my receeded hairline thickened up to almost normal. So, good luck and be patient.

SocialD-

Having been on your regimen for only 3 1/2 months it's still early in the game..........sounds like you may be a good responder so best of luck to you.

Like pushing 40, I've been on Propecia almost one year. I started seeing regrowth in the hairline around 3-4 months and they do continually thicken.

I'm with Nobuzz on the hair washing............was those hairs just like the rest. As your hair goes through it's growing and resting phase, hopefully they will thicken as they keep coming back in.

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

Originally posted by SocialD:

Thanks a lot everyone and hairbank I believe the hairs were just like the rest... what do you mean?

I just meant don't wash the little white hairs any differently than the other hairs on your head. Wouldn't want them to get used to special treatment, eh? icon_cool.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

SocialD,

That's great the medication seems to be working for you. What the others are trying to say is "wash your hair normally". There is no need to give special treatment to the new hairs. They are not fragile or anything...just don't try to pull them out icon_wink.gif. If the medicine is truly working...the hairs will get thicker and thicker and eventually look just like your normal hair. Good luck.

Bill