need advice on hair transplant

John, thanks for sharing your story, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just wondering though, I thought that with a highly skilled doctor, who does micro grafting, any shock loss that occurs should be temporary. Is this why you had to wear a hat, because you experienced shock loss in the front, and it took 6 months for it to grow back?

Spanky, besides the donor scar, why would you suggest FUE?

Also, can anyone post an example picture of an unnatural or fake looking hairline. Just want to understand what you guys mean by this. Thanks.

Another question. Is it possible that with Propecia, if taken for a year, I can strengthen the hairs in the front, which will give me a higher chance of avoiding shock loss in the front to thinning hairs? Or does it not even matter since Propecia doesn't really have an effect on the hairs in the front?

donor scar is my main concern really, also your hairloss is very limited even if you dont think so yourself. Its a pain in the ass going to the hairdressers, and having to make up stories about the strip scar, thats why I'm getting mine filled in via fue.

Sparky,

You are misinformed. Micografting is simply using 1 or 2 haired grafts which could either be follicular units or sub-follicular units. For instance, the hairline is usually made up of 1 haired micrografts. Some are follicular units and some are divided follicular units. You are most likely confusing micrografting with minigrafting.

See more on "Understanding Graft Types and Terminology" written by Dr. Ron Shapiro.

Bill

Originally posted by hairgreedy:

John, thanks for sharing your story, I am sorry to hear about your bad experience. Just wondering though, I thought that with a highly skilled doctor, who does micro grafting, any shock loss that occurs should be temporary. Is this why you had to wear a hat, because you experienced shock loss in the front, and it took 6 months for it to grow back?

Hey hairgreedy, I had to wear a hat from the work that my first surgeon did. I had little if any shockloss from either procedure, but my first surgery grew in very sparse, which makes it look extremely unnatural and unfortunately, I have not noticed much growth from the second procedure. Anyway, my point is if one of the best Hair docs in the world could not make my ht look natural, I don't think it would look promiseing for you. There are pics of my hairline under the questions and answer genre of posts under the title post of "how long until I'm hatless" Once again, my point is your hair looks good, and unless a doc can guarantee that you won't experience shockloss, a noticeable scar, etc.. I would hold off on the HT.

Spanky, besides the donor scar, why would you suggest FUE?

Also, can anyone post an example picture of an unnatural or fake looking hairline. Just want to understand what you guys mean by this. Thanks.