New generation of HT repairs.....

I'm reading a lot of posts recently of young guys wanting to fill in their temples and lower their hairlines.

Has it always been like this or has the internet provided a new means for the industry to reach out to a younger generation of potential customers?

In the 80's and 90's when we had plugs and poor dolls hair results requiring the repair we see today, were any of these guys in their early 20's or were they older. I seem to think older.

Information is being shared more readily and that's a good thing in many ways but it's also now very accessible to teens and guys too young to be considering transplants. Along with glossy photos, unrealistic expectations and "walk in the park" FUE, it's potentially creating a new 'type' of repair patient where we will be seeing great numbers of 40/50 year olds with frontal hairlines and nothing behind?

I was one of those guys who saw my hairline and temples disappearing infront of my eyes and I didn't like it. Who would? I was loosing my youth. So I had surgery at 28 (35 now). I kept my hairline high as a caution but I may still be in trouble down the line.

But at 20 I knew nothing of the industry. The internet wasn't really available apart from in a "new" cyber cafe 10 miles away and when you got there it had a painful 56kbit connection that wouldn't download a photo if you waited all day. Readily available broadband internet has changed that.

Sure the HT industry has improved massively in the last 20 years and plugs are pretty much a thing of the past and the technology and doctors are to be commended.....but we actually might have a bigger problem waiting round the corner that is going to look just as daft, and it's a problem that can't be fixed.