Rogain Foam effectiveness of stopping temple/hairline hair loss

Oakland

Hi,

I am 25 and have what I believe to be the beginnings of hair loss. I've noticed my hair along the temple corners of my hair line have gone back.

It's barely noticeable, partly cause I've longer hair which covers it for the most part.

I want to nip it in the bud, however I'm not willing to take Propecia. I'm aware of the stated inability of Rogaine to regrow hairs in the temple/hairline region. My main question is, is it ineffective in STOPPING hair loss as well, in those said regions?

It's something I'd have to put blind trust in kind of, just because I have never noticed any shedding, so I wouldn't be able to tell if I were to use Rogaine, if it was stopping hair loss in the said areas.

One might say, better safe than sorry, well given the inconveniences of having to apply it twice a day, craft a regimen around it, and deal with it's I guess greasy look, and also the costs of buying it forever, I'd like to try to ascertain any info/feedback/(assertions of it stopping hair loss in the temples/hairline).. I can before starting.

Also, I'm curious would a Dr. be willing to do a HT for someone unwilling to ever take Propecia, and that just uses Rogaine?

And hey thank you for reading, and any insight you may provide in advance. Take Care.

I have used rogain foam for the same thing and noticed an improvement around the hairline. I would try it to see how you respond. You will shed in the beginning but will rebound after a few months.

Oakland, Im the same age and pretty much in the same boat. I always had a high hairline but recently noticed thinning and slight recession in the vertex to front/hairline.

I panicked and began researching intensely on this forum and other websites. I want to stop or at least delay my loss asap as I am only 25 also.

I've read our best bet is to get on Propecia and Rogaine asap. I dont really feel sold on Nizoral/Revitra yet but im giving Revitra a shot shortly. The fact that we're doing something early and at a young age seems to be a huge advantage in the hair loss struggle. I'm only a month in on both so I cant give results but Im hopeful and would be happy if i just keep what I got for 5 years.

Finasteride(Propecia/Proscar) is your absolute best chance at combating hair loss without a HT. Trust me, search this forum.