cobblestone

thor

Nowthat I can see my scalp better, I can see what appears to be a cobblestone texture. On Dr. Hirsch's business card it has an AHR for advance hair restoration. It also says for the latest in micro surgical techniques. I wish it was easier to post pictures on this site, or even view the ones that are posted. I new right away that I was f**ked, when I took a picture with my digital two dys after operation. I brought the pic into photo shop to enlarge and could clearly see a butcher did the work. It was also clear that this is not the only operation I would need, and I was in shock. If anyone wants to see pic, just eme @ signs1@infi.net

Nowthat I can see my scalp better, I can see what appears to be a cobblestone texture. On Dr. Hirsch's business card it has an AHR for advance hair restoration. It also says for the latest in micro surgical techniques. I wish it was easier to post pictures on this site, or even view the ones that are posted. I new right away that I was f**ked, when I took a picture with my digital two dys after operation. I brought the pic into photo shop to enlarge and could clearly see a butcher did the work. It was also clear that this is not the only operation I would need, and I was in shock. If anyone wants to see pic, just eme @ signs1@infi.net

• Administrators

Thor,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a bad hair transplant experience. Over the past years I've recieved more than my share of emails from guys who share your fate.

The good news is that many of them have been able to "repair" previous inferior work. Dr. Vogel in Maryland, in particular, specializes in "repair" work.

It can be tricky posting photos using this discussion software. Please email me your photos and I will post them here for you. My email address is pat@hairtransplantnetwork.com

Good luck in getting the results you ultimately want. I hope this site can help you buddy. Pat

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

• Administrators

This photo was emailed to me by a man posting as "Thor". He requested that I post his photo. The photo shows him two days after a surgery of 1,100 grafts.

He is not happy with his results at this point and feels the staff treated him with a lack of sensativity.

Judging from the photo I feel that his pattern looks fairly decent and the work may be fine. Granted some surgeon's post op pictures may show less scabbing after two days, but I feel it is too early for Thor to feel he has made a mistake. The post op scabs are normal and are not cobblestoning. Coblestoning refers to poor transplant work in which the scalp after healing has pits and bumps.

My hunch is that things will work out fine for him once he heals up and begins growing hair. And if 6 months to a year from now he feels that his density is not good enough he can do another procedure with another surgeon to add hair between his new hair, while refining it.

Feel free to post your comments and feedback here.

Thor - hang in there. You look like a good candidate for hair transplantation. I think in time you will come out just fine. Feel free to post here. I think you will fine others who have done surgery will be very supportive. Pat

Hairtranns_Thor.jpg

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

What is so bad about this whole thing is I made it perfectly clear to Dc Hirsch that the top middle of crown be really full. You know, that part Phil Collins has. Look at the photo, and you can see that that is the spot that looks like they hardly planted any. I was given a couple of seditives prior to the (assistant) marking the area and was kind of out of it. I really had to get a bang out of my buck for this and would have if I was dealing with a professional. If someone tells me to consetrate on something and they are paying me, I tend to do as they wish.

Hi Thor

Your results actually look pretty typical for two days post-surgery, from what I can tell. I agree with Pat that the pattern of graft placement seems pretty good. I think I know what you mean about the mid-crown "Phil Collins" look. If I'm not mistaken, you'd like more grafts in a "saddle" type shape, kind of like what a mid-Norwood scale person looks like naturally. But doctors typically treat the frontal hairline as being the first priority. Also, it's hard to tell but it looks like you still have a reasonable amount of hair in the middle section. Are you using Propecia (and maybe Minoxidil) to maintain that "natural" hair? That would be a very good idea.

Right now you are in a "limbo" while you wait for your grafts to grow out. It is very possible that you will begin to rethink your opinion on your results, after your hair has grown out. We all have different goals and expectations though. If you didn't realize that there would be a "scab" phase, and a period of waiting for the grafts to grow, that reflects badly on your doctor- There should be no "surprises" after a hair transplant. However, it's too early to say that you've been "botched". You actually look pretty good, it seems like very little disruption of the scalp surface (besides the scabs, of course, which will fall off in a few days). However photos can be deceptive, or not tell the whole story. Did your doctor use Follicular Unit grafts?

Hang in there, and be sure to take good care of your scalp while you heal up. Try to reserve judgement for a little while, and hope for the best. As I said, photos can be hard to judge, and we all have our own definitions of success, but it seems like you're actually doing fine at this point. Once you're grafts have grown out, you may change your mind about your results. I hope so- it sucks to feel like you've gotten botched. But things should only get better for you, hopefully.

Does this doctor have a web site?

[This message was edited by arfy on January 15, 2002 at 02:14 PM.]

It has been a rough 4 yrs. I use to be a very physical kind of person. Now I hav to depend on looks and being crushed by a tree tends to due looks no justice. I was putting all my chips in one basket for this. I think I saw more than one root in a graph , but I was so out of it I can not say for sure. Your rt, I was not prop edu by Doctor.

Like I said, it is not a very professional practice. He does not have a web site. When the stiches were removed on my way out I ask the sec if there was a follow up and she said no. That shook me, because if I was a Doc, I would want to see how things look.

Get the pic from Doc and scan it in or bring it to kinko to put on a floppy, use your web cam or your digital. It would serve this site and the people it helps. It is not your face, it is the top of your nogon!

Thor:

This term really refers to the appearance of the old 4mm plugs that healed as do all circular scars, in a circular manner, with a pincushion look and were somewhat elevated like cobblestones on the street. You do not have this problem. At 2 days post op you have swelling, edema, inflammation etc, etc. It really does not look too bad actually. Give it some time and you will be relieved I am sure.

Dr. James Vogel

Baltimore, Md

• 10 months later...