Grafts falling out

I had a hair transplant 4 weeks ago. About three days ago I saw a couple hairs in bottom of the shower that appeared to be from the recipent area as I am shedding those. BUT these had a dark dot at the and of each hair. Not very big just a little tiny dot.

Are these grafts coming out at three to four weeks post op? I have not scratched or rubbed the area. There has been no bleeding or irritation after I noticed.. I am worried.

I had a hair transplant 4 weeks ago. About three days ago I saw a couple hairs in bottom of the shower that appeared to be from the recipent area as I am shedding those. BUT these had a dark dot at the and of each hair. Not very big just a little tiny dot.

Are these grafts coming out at three to four weeks post op? I have not scratched or rubbed the area. There has been no bleeding or irritation after I noticed.. I am worried.

Thanks guys. The "dot" is just a little bigger round than the hair looks like a tiny very very small pin head at the end of the hair.

I noticed a couple also when I would lightly dab the area with a cotton ball and mineral oil to keep the grafts moist they would be on the cotton ball.

I hope I just got scared for nothing. I had 2600 grafts by Dr Gabel.

Hmmm...I am 11 days post op myself...some of my scabs are coming off now and I notice hairs coming off in the scab as well.

Is everyone saying that this is normal and there would be blood if I was losing the grafts? I have no bleeding either

It is kinda scary!

Thanks Eman. Do you have any recent pictures by the way? Wondering how things are coming along for you at this point. Still very recent, I know, but I just wondered.

I'm doing alright. Since I can see my head alot better there are spots where I don't see any hairs at all. This is discouraging since I wonder if some spots were missed. This would obviously be a heart breaker for me but I'm trying to not get ahead of myself and just remain patient but.. well.. it is tough.

Hope you're doing well. icon_smile.gif

imissme-

here you go. i post pretty regularly in the patient post section. Take a look at my gallery and comments. I have shed most hairs on the right side and kept more on the left. It does make you feel like one side was done and the otehr wasn't.

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/showthread.php?t=155120

If you have any other questions PM me or post on my thread if you want.

Eman

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

I lost one graft because I hit my head REALLY hard on a taxi door. Believe me... if you lose a graft, you'll know it because it bleeds A LOT.

--

1st HT with Dr. Damkerng Pathomvanich, Bangkok, Thailand - 18 JUL 07 - 3300 grafts (FUT) - US$6,930

2st HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 31 JUL 10 - 2249 grafts (FUT) - US$2,200

3rd HT with Dr. Pathuri Madhu, Hyderabad, India - 26 JUL 11 - 320 grafts (FUE) touch up - US$0

My Hair Loss Weblog

My opinions are my own. I am not paid by, nor do I receive any benefits from ANY hair-related website, clinic, or doctor for my posts.

Cool, yeah, maybe I'll throw you a PM Eman.

TomA, good to know. I've heard that as well which is very encouraging. icon_smile.gif I just wondered if maybe the graft didn't "take" whatsoever. Looks like the skin healed and the hair simply fell out. I've heard the hair doesn't usually drop out until about 3 weeks post op. This was 11 days after. icon_frown.gif

That is exactly how mine look smitty!!

I see those in my hands during and after every shower.

I love those little guys and hate to see them go, but it means that the seeds that have been planted have taken root, are resting and getting ready to sprout again in a few months.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...