Is this weblog biased???!!!

TrOjAn

Folks,

I have read so many of the past postings on

this weblog and what I find is that all the postings speak positive about all the "Coalition Surgeons" mentioned on the website, the only few negative feedback are

of surgeons not belonging to the above mentioned group.

• Is this blog biased towards "Coalition Surgeons"?

• If I were to chose the best surgeon

anywhere in US for getting a HT, what will be your recommendation?

Thanks

Folks,

I have read so many of the past postings on

this weblog and what I find is that all the postings speak positive about all the "Coalition Surgeons" mentioned on the website, the only few negative feedback are

of surgeons not belonging to the above mentioned group.

• Is this blog biased towards "Coalition Surgeons"?

• If I were to chose the best surgeon

anywhere in US for getting a HT, what will be your recommendation?

Thanks

i am happy with my doc. so I would recommend my doc. Top doc is talked about a lot, but its a matter of opinion. I would compare it too professional sports, you have your pro athletes then you have the elite who are above the rest in the game, i dont think there is a best athlete. What some people do is start a list of 3-5 docs and research them reading past posts and maybe consulting all 3 online, them weeding it down to what doc you feel will be best for you.

Hi T

If you look close enough there are some negative comment about some coalition docs as well. 90% of the feedback you see are from real people who had real procedures..The comments are based on real life experiences as well but this by no means is a "solution" for anyone seeking a HT.. It is a tool to start doing your research. I have had 2 HT's and started my research on here. Then, I visited several docs and saw for myself in addition to looking into all of my options.. There is no easy way to make an educated decesion but you can make one if you put in the work. Don't take my word for it, take some time and see for yourself.I am EXTREMELY happy with my results as many are on this site.. There are several very talented docs mentioned on here which can produce amazing results ( look at the pics)

Good luck!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The good thing about the coalition docs is that they consistently produce good results. This is not to say that they will always produce excellent results for every patient, this is surgery and your mileage will vary. Your after care of your recipient and donor area is also important in achieving excellent results.

The best thing about the coalition is that they are peer and patient monitored. And the best thing is about this website that *real* patients are posting *real* results so you generally should know what to expect.

Obviously there are going to be doctors that produce excellent results that are not apart of the coalition. I believe that Dr Feller is one of them as many of his patients post their results on this forum and I've never read anything but complete satisfaction from any of them.

I believe that the coalition provides confidence that you are at least guaranteed not to get a bad HT (i.e. butchered) - which is worse than no HT at all. Unfortunately this still happens today when patients do not do their research and elect to go with a sub-standard surgeon.

If I really needed to go to a doctor that was not apart of the coalition and has not demonstrated proven unbiased results, then I am going to want to be examining a number of their existing patients in person until I am totally confident.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

• Administrators

Trojan,

Like this forum, the weblogs are open to anyone with any doctor so just as people can post about any doctor they can blog about any doctor.

Over the past seven years that this community has been online a relatively small number of physicians has emerged who consistently stay on the cutting edge and produce outstanding results. The very best of these physicians are able to become members of the Coalition.

These physicians are then expected to operate in a transparent environment in which their patients may be critiquing them on this forum or on the weblogs about their actual results. This has provided both accountability and vital feedback.

To learn more about the membership standards for the Coalition, click here.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.