only thing!

Well i have been doing my research going to consultations yet the one thing that really scares me about a transplant is the scar. I dnt know if i can deal with a bad scar and will ther be a way to correct these scars in the future. I dnt want some one to be like dam whats that huge cut on your head! Just something on my mind.

Well i have been doing my research going to consultations yet the one thing that really scares me about a transplant is the scar. I dnt know if i can deal with a bad scar and will ther be a way to correct these scars in the future. I dnt want some one to be like dam whats that huge cut on your head! Just something on my mind.

lones,

the scar sucks but if you go to a good surgeon it wont be bad - in fact with a good surgeon you can wear your hair after getting it trimmed with a 1 guard and it wont be noticeable.

there always is FUE also.

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

It really depends on the density of the donor area. If the individual hairs are spread far apart then a #1 will not cover sufficiently. I have relatively low density so a #3 is the lowest blade without a line across the back of the head. At the end of the day would you rather have hair up top or a close cut?

I agree with u guys and i would love to have my hairline back but it is a big step and i have been researching for a while taking propecia and the rogaine for 3 to 4 yrs now hair loss stoped but would love the hairline. Its a big step and i just wonder if the scar is worth it from guys that had the procedure. Plus i dnt know if its worth wasting donor hair on Fue if they can be destroyed during extraction, And if anything new comes along that will actually grow significant hair ex.(ICX-TRC or a new drug) will we be able to use this if we had transplants or will our original dormant hair folicle area be destroyed due to the surgery???

Originally posted by baldcasanova:

lones,

the scar sucks but if you go to a good surgeon it wont be bad - in fact with a good surgeon you can wear your hair after getting it trimmed with a 1 guard and it wont be noticeable.

That's pushing it just a little bit, Cas. A #1 is really, really short. I get my hair cut to a #2 and my scar can be seen in the right light after that for a couple of days. It all depends on your remaining donor area hair, your healing characteristics, and naturally, the skills of your physician.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

If the scar is a concern, with a good surgeon it is hardly noticable by touch and is not noticable by sight. But if is bothers you, look into FUE which doesnt have strip scar across your head.

Agreed...the scar is the least concern if the other things are in place that the forum moderator stated. My scar was invisable several weeks after the stitches were removed. If your doctor does a double stitch routinely to close the donar area, you should have no visablilty and certainly no pain afterward. Talk about this with your consult doctor and determine first how he routinely closes the donar area. WW

Originally posted by Forum Moderator and Satisfied Patient:

lones,

That's pushing it just a little bit, Cas. A #1 is really, really short. I get my hair cut to a #2 and my scar can be seen in the right light after that for a couple of days. It all depends on your remaining donor area hair, your healing characteristics, and naturally, the skills of your physician.

-Robert

okok maybe a 2 then. personally i cant go even there cause I got patches from the first ht. perhaps i need to get some fue. thinking about it at some point

630 FUT - 8/27/03

2200 FUT - 5/20/05

2000 FUT - 12/15/07

"i haven't been this bald since.... well... since I was born!"

Originally posted by Forum Moderator and Satisfied Patient:

lones,

-Robert

okok maybe a 2 then. personally i cant go even there cause I got patches from the first ht. perhaps i need to get some fue. thinking about it at some point

Right on. I wasn't chastising you, Cas. I just don't want newer forum members to get the wrong expectations. Realistically, with good healing characteristics and a great physician, strip-excision hair restoration surgery will leave you with a scar that should be easily concealed with a #3 guard.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog