3rd week jitters (proscar)

miracleman

Hey all...

dont think I havent done my reading, but the majority of the posts i read were from '03 or so...

Just starting my 3rd week of Proscar, having the shedding factor...extreme...(well, it all seems extreme to us...)

ANYWAY, can i just get some more recent confirmations that this shedding factor is a GOOD thing...

THANKS!!

Shedding is usually a sign the meds are starting to work but imo 3 weeks is quite early.

Other members who are more drug aware can answer this in more detail for you.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

Ive been taking propecia for almost 3 months and rogaine almost too. I have either kept progressing in MPB or I have shed from one of the medications. My hair is weaker than its ever been. IM staying positive though because it could all be in my head and I honestly feel its gonna work eventually. If after a year my hairloss is worse fuck it, im bickin my head.

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Originally posted by Jupiter:

Ive been taking propecia for almost 3 months and rogaine almost too. I have either kept progressing in MPB or I have shed from one of the medications. My hair is weaker than its ever been. IM staying positive though because it could all be in my head and I honestly feel its gonna work eventually. If after a year my hairloss is worse fuck it, im bickin my head.

i forgot to add if i did shed i think it is mostly from the rogaine becuase i took propecia prior to this but quit after 7 months because after 2 DIFFERENT girls both times my dick was a little flimsy in bed. lol

~im getting a hair transplant in 2012 when im 25~

Miracleman (and Jupiter) - I started both Propecia and Rogaine just after Thanksgiving 2005 (I was 45 yrs old). By Christmas I thought I had made the worst mistake of my life... my hair had thinned quite a bit in that 3-4 week period. I was almost in tears. However, I stuck with it and by the six-month mark my hair was definitely getting thicker. By 12 months it was almost a miracle... the combination of Propecia and Rogaine really saved my hair (much new growth all over)! I just visited Dr. Tessler (in Michigan) a couple weeks ago for my yearly "checkup"/prescription renewal and he showed me the photo he took back in 2005. He actually said "I can't believe it", referencing how well it's worked for me.

So far, no side effects either (knock on "wood"!).

hey guys

Looking back ,when i started on propecia i shed quiet alot of hair , my scalp looked very thin in photos at this time so I buzzed my hair completely off , ungaurded clip and over the next 6 months i let it grow back and it had definatly grown healthier and looked thicker ,all over my scalp , front temples , mid section and a little at the crown .

If i look back at photos now there is an excelent improvement in the front and over the top of my scalp , my crown showed little improvement as this was were my hairloss was at it's worse , so i had 2100 grafts with Dr Feller in nov 2007

below are pics from june 2006 when i started on propecia (I'm now on proscar , financial reasons )and in nov 2007 just before my surgery ,you can see the improvment in the overall condition of my hair ,please note though were my hair was at its thinnest , around the crowns i had very little improvment

June06.jpg51.jpg

hope that helps

richie

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

2100 crown grafts

Dr Feller

nov 2007

Richie that is certainly a pretty dramatic improvement. Why the red scalp in the first photo? Is it post op or just the lighting? Any updates on this site?

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90

Sorry. Just checked your blog. Very impressive. You are coming along nicely. You must be very happy.

NN

Dr.Cole,1989. ??graftcount

Dr. Ron Shapiro. Aug., 2007

Total graft count 2862

Total hairs 5495

1hairs--916

2hairs--1349

3hairs--507

4hairs--90