Hair Loss Convention

Mark H

A thought occured to me, maybe its already occured to others.

How would people view a Hair Loss Convention?

As I said on another thread, I have a hard time believing we couldn't come up with some bald people, past and present.

My ida would be a smallish affair at a Hotel. There could be a number of interesting segments, including guest doctors, HT panels where people could directly question HT recipients.

There could be a specific section for female baldness, and of course there could be one or two evening social events.

As it happens, I have a little experience putting such things together, and as I'm currently retired, I could devote some time to it, although at the end of January, I'll be starting to seek some new employment.

Still, I think I could have most of it tied up before then with an aim to a summer of 07 debut.

I realize there are frequent syposiums for the doctors, but who is spreading the word amongst the shiny headed masses?

Thoughts?

mark h

A thought occured to me, maybe its already occured to others.

How would people view a Hair Loss Convention?

As I said on another thread, I have a hard time believing we couldn't come up with some bald people, past and present.

My ida would be a smallish affair at a Hotel. There could be a number of interesting segments, including guest doctors, HT panels where people could directly question HT recipients.

There could be a specific section for female baldness, and of course there could be one or two evening social events.

As it happens, I have a little experience putting such things together, and as I'm currently retired, I could devote some time to it, although at the end of January, I'll be starting to seek some new employment.

Still, I think I could have most of it tied up before then with an aim to a summer of 07 debut.

I realize there are frequent syposiums for the doctors, but who is spreading the word amongst the shiny headed masses?

Thoughts?

mark h

I dont think it would be profitable because people can come on the internet, a forum like this and have the same thing and they can do it in the comfort of there home while researching a problem they are most likely insecure talking about and not feel threatened

I think that is a great idea Mark!!!!!

You know it would be cool to have some of the guys who have had surgeries from different clinics get together and talk about approach, results, costs, and overall feel for the industry. Kind of a laymans HT critique bash.

I am someone who has never hidden the fact that I got a HT, so to me this would be pretty cool.

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

I think your point is well taken Troy. This would be in effect like putting together a cancer party.

And yet, cancer patients do get together, so I'll wait for further response.

My take is that there would be several focuses: One would be to provide the newbie with a fast track to the lastest in HT's to help the general public make the best decisions. Another focus would be to provide an opportunity for those of us who interact here online to get together in the real world and share experiences, be social, and even to mentor.

Finally, it could provide a showcase for top doctors to discuss the cutting edge, and future directions in a way that can't be done online.

I certainly agree Troy that its not going to be for everyone, but I've enough experience at this sort of thing personally and tangentially to know they can be a lot of fun and educational.

mark h

Thanks Bay. This thread has gotten a serious number of view, but few posts, and not all positive.

Also, its easy for a thread to get lost due to the layout of this discussion group software.

Still, I'll be hanging in to see which way the wind blows...if it does.

mark