Disturbing personal website

marc alvin

That web site actually led me to this forum. After I read it I think I had a mild anxiety attack. I started looking around for a "relief" site. I'm really glad I found this one, and after reading some of the stories here, I feel much better.

Guys who just got their ht DONT visit this site, for the veterans, what can you say about some of those stories, or the site in general?

http://home1.gte.net/dschrode/newtransplant-tales.htm

That web site actually led me to this forum. After I read it I think I had a mild anxiety attack. I started looking around for a "relief" site. I'm really glad I found this one, and after reading some of the stories here, I feel much better.

Guys who just got their ht DONT visit this site, for the veterans, what can you say about some of those stories, or the site in general?

http://home1.gte.net/dschrode/newtransplant-tales.htm

Everyone likes to concentrate on the "success stories" and that is understandable, because the "failure stories" are a real downer for most people. But the "failure stories" are just as legitimate, and just as important to hear about, when you are considering getting a hair transplant. Failures and dissapointments (dissapointment = not outright failure, but not an outright success, either) are probably more common than the success stories.

Think about these things: The HT industry is dominated by big franchise operations like Bosley, MHR and NuHart. Now not every guy who walks out of those clinics will be ruined, but neither will every guy be a long-term success. Their odds are not as favorable as the guys who go to the "best".

Then consider that there are an estimated 3000 doctors doing hair transplants in the world (not all of them are doing transplants exclusively). Look how many doctors are good enough to be "recommended" by this website, it is something like 40 or 50 doctors (and the skill level even among this group will vary, in my opinion). Lets be generous and say that the list is too small, and pretend that there should really be 300 "recommended" doctors. Even then, that means only 10% of the doctors out there are good enough to be recommended. Don't those odds seem pretty poor, for the average guy on the street, who doesn't look at websites like this one? I think those odds suck!

If there wasn't a big problem with lousy-looking hair transplants and unscrupulous clinics, there would be no need for websites like this one, where guys can come to trade information and share experiences with each other. Nobody would come here, and the people who did come would find it unnecessary.

This guy you quote had a bad experience, I have talked with him via-email and it is "his" opinion that it is impossible to get a nice HT...in fact he is so anti-HT that he does not believe I am happy with my results.

I do believe he was ruined and can see why his view is so bad, however I have witnessed very nice HT work and disagree with all of his perspective's...a girl getting implants can look great or poor, depending on the Docs ability to achieve a natural look, I think there are a few parallels to HT....can go both ways.

NW