hi folks- question

but first my post-op progress- it has been a slow journey.

it took alomst six months for my scar to heal and now I think I have gotten 80% of my native hair back after six months.

But I am no where close to the transformation that I have seen on others with the same amount of grafts.

so at six months post-op, I have read some of you saying that if at 6 months its not there - then maybe time to get worried or after 6 months - most of the improvement is only in terms of thickening of hair and not new growth.

So the question is about new hair growth post six month- could most of the new hair growth take place after six months in some cases?

but first my post-op progress- it has been a slow journey.

it took alomst six months for my scar to heal and now I think I have gotten 80% of my native hair back after six months.

But I am no where close to the transformation that I have seen on others with the same amount of grafts.

so at six months post-op, I have read some of you saying that if at 6 months its not there - then maybe time to get worried or after 6 months - most of the improvement is only in terms of thickening of hair and not new growth.

So the question is about new hair growth post six month- could most of the new hair growth take place after six months in some cases?

Guest wanthairs

Nervous....

I have heard of some people taking upto 9 months to see any growth. My doctor told me it would take me upto 4 months but I could speed it up using minoxidil on the recipient area. I am 9 weeks post op and I have some minor growth occuring.

Who was your doctor and how many grafts did you recieve? I would not be worried yet if I were you. There are some slow growers. It generally takes 18 months for the fully final result to occur, with some people reporting improvements still occuring at 2 years post op.

Hi , I posted this about 6 months ago or so based on my 2 Ht's ( hadn't had the 3rd when I wrote this) Here is my take on growth

Month 1 - Question ? What did I do?

Month 2 - Are these things normal to happen?

Month 3 - Impatience/doubt(no growth & scar concern)

Month 4 - Same... This didn't work

Month 5 - DOUBT!! I got ripped off

Month 6 - Hope! I see something (scar fading)

Month 7 - Elation! Growth and small results

Month 8 - Happiness & compliments ( people notice)

Month 9 - Same

Month 10 - God I should have done this sooner!!!

Damn it looks good

Month 11 - I want another!!

Month 12 - WOW, what a difference ( #2 is scheduled)

Be patient!

JOBI

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

nervous,

Eveyrone is different and growth times are variable. I think you should be seeing, at the very least, SOME growth by 6 months, but for some, growth rates take longer than others.

Who was your doctor again? How many grafts did you receive? Have you posted any pictures before/immediately post op/current?

Bill