Look at my photos! Should I get an HT?

I have been reading everyone's posts on this site for a few weeks now and finally I have decided to post some pics. Please let me know what you guys think.

About myself - I am 24 years old. I have thick wavy dark brown hair all over my head except for the frontal area as you can see from the pics. My father is a NW 5 as well as my 3 uncles. The receding hair line started when I was 19. I just started Proscar although I don't think it will work on the front area, but we'll see. Sorry if the pics aren't the best quality.

I have been researching HT's and doctors. I would appreciate all your opinions! Thanks.

front_view.jpg.42a6ebecb24681a0854a469a8a2caf4b.jpg

I have been reading everyone's posts on this site for a few weeks now and finally I have decided to post some pics. Please let me know what you guys think.

About myself - I am 24 years old. I have thick wavy dark brown hair all over my head except for the frontal area as you can see from the pics. My father is a NW 5 as well as my 3 uncles. The receding hair line started when I was 19. I just started Proscar although I don't think it will work on the front area, but we'll see. Sorry if the pics aren't the best quality.

I have been researching HT's and doctors. I would appreciate all your opinions! Thanks.

Stanley, could you take just a couple more pictures but without the flash - it's way better. Also, try and include at least your eyebrows in them, so we can see things in perspective more.

Thanks,

HarryLemon

I would recommend you give the Proscar a year or more, to see what it can do for you.

Whenever it's possible to postpone or avoid a hair transplant, "that's a good thing", as Martha Stewart would say.

Give the drugs a solid chance to work, in my opinion.

with Arfy. You have plenty of time to see what transpires after taking the for a year before having a HT... especially if chances are you are also headed for a NW5.

Best wishes,

Mr. T

Thanks Jotronic. Ok here it goes again, I'll try to upload the file.

I hate the V-look. I'd take the U-look over the "V" any day of the week. Usually I comb it down ceasar style so you can't see it the way the picture shows my temples. I look at before and after pictures of patients getting hairline work done and it looks awesome. Especially hearing their stories about how it changed their life for the better and all that. I dont want a 19 year olds hairline. I want a natural receding one, but not a huge receding line. I am young, but I have my head on straight. I understand the risks and uncertainties of a HT at my young age.

Let's say for arguments sake that I took proscar for a year and got no real results on the hairline. Let's also presume that everyone in my family is a NW 5. If I was willing to get conservative work done on the hairline by a very reputable doctor, would anyone disagree with a HT decision at the age of 25? I would love to hear it from you guys on this one. And yes I would be willing to continue to take proscar and yes if need be, I would be willing to get more work done, hopefully not a lot more work would be necessary.

What do you think?

frontnoflash.bmp

Manko - do you have pics?

Also, if there is anyone else out there with a hairline similar to mine, please let me know what you are doing about it and whether or not you have pics so I can compare.

Thanks.

Stanley,

Sorry I didn't get your question until now. I do have pics, I just have to take the time to upload them. I might combine them into a before and after session. Hopefully, I'll have a chance to post before my surgery in 4 weeks.

Manko