My pics from 6/24/03 with Dr Rob Jones - 3,313 FUT

Hello all,

Just wanted to give share some of my pics of my 1st HT performed by Dr Jones in Tornoto Tuesday.

I gained a great deal from viewing many of your photos and feel that I should pay the favor forward to other 1st timers or future repeaters.

I am NW 5 and 33 yoa and chose a strip to get maximum coverage and density for my first HT. Dr Jones was able to harvest more than the minimum 2,500 we initially expected from earlier video consults due to good scalp and density.

The process was exactly as he described and I even got called into work today for a few hours sporting a baseball cap and gotee. No swelling yet, just a bit tight in the corners and scabby all over.

HT_After_top.jpg.b020f0fdec80a98155634a694fe0e218.jpg

Hello all,

Just wanted to give share some of my pics of my 1st HT performed by Dr Jones in Tornoto Tuesday.

I gained a great deal from viewing many of your photos and feel that I should pay the favor forward to other 1st timers or future repeaters.

I am NW 5 and 33 yoa and chose a strip to get maximum coverage and density for my first HT. Dr Jones was able to harvest more than the minimum 2,500 we initially expected from earlier video consults due to good scalp and density.

The process was exactly as he described and I even got called into work today for a few hours sporting a baseball cap and gotee. No swelling yet, just a bit tight in the corners and scabby all over.

• 1 month later...

Looking good. Im thinking of getting a HT too and was wondering from the ages of 27 to 33 would did you experience further progression? as you may of guess im 27 and similar to your picture (crown)

Did you take any propecia?

thanks

I think my hairline receeded in the temples very early, probably by 24, and then I began to thin on the top and was able to notice the thinned crown by age 28.

If I would have taken propecia starting at 25 I would have probably only needed to rebuild the hairline needing only 1,800 grafts.

I've been on 1/4 Proscar for exactly 12 months and am 9 weeks post HT.

John H,

Thanks for the kind words.

At 10 weeks I have fully recovered from the buzz cut and have prouted several "new" hairs and some surviving grafts are growing strong and thick (thick only because they didn't shed yet).

My alleys are what I base my progress on since the temples are the only areas where I was slick bald.

I am tapering off the 5% Minoxidil to every other day since it is making my face red but I think it really kick started my growth.

I have some shock in the forelock near the left temple region and some donor shock too.

I am waiting until week 12 to take another set of photos, but here is one from week 8.

I'll post more at week 12.

8_weeks_hairline.jpg.d556d210e05d70aecb4bd1a74084b748.jpg

is marked by my 4th ingrown hair. It's a little strange how all four have been in the left temple. They appear as little white head pimples. I have been putting neosporin on them and trying not to touch them since I'm afraid popping them will scar my hairline.

What does everyone else use to treat ingrowns?

You're probably doing the right thing by putting medicine on them. I'm not that patient. I sterilize a pin and gently poke the bump. Then squeeze the you know what (pus) out of it. It is usually gone a day or two later.

John H,

The recent picture shows more recipient site healing than any growth.

That is all my existing hair grown back after the buzz cut.

Check back next wednesday for my 3 month picture. There should be some sprouts large enough to see in a photo.

There are some sprouts in this last photo however they are too small to be evident in a photo.

That explains why it looks so natural! Looking again at the pic I see some slight redness. I'm noticing that a lot of people either shave their head or get a buzz cut before the procedure. Is this something that the doctor requests or is it simply by choice? It does make for better pictures but doesn't it also make it obvious that HT work has been done?

To the contrary,

I believe it makes the Dr's job easier implanting among existing hair, allows the Dr to mimic the natural angle of existing hair, and I found that once the scabs are gone people tend to only notice you've cut your hair drastically.

If you maintain the buzzed look for 3 or 4 months following the HT the new hairs will appear much less noticable for NW 5 or greater patients.

• 2 months later...

Mr T,

I actually combed through a couple in growns this week. I hadn't noticed any for a few weeks and then I had 2 in one week.

I can't wait for things to thicken up more.

Storage,

Thanks for the compliment on the NW 3, however with only thin coverage in the crown and a deep alley on each side, I couldn't pass for a NW 3. My forelock had also thinned out giving me the beginning of the "Island" tuft of hair in the front.

At this point the density along the hairline needs to thicken up more to pass for a natural look. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.