Healing w/ some sores

I had a HT about 6 weeks ago (1880 FUs) and I have a question for anyone with knowledge regarding sores coming up from "hairs trying to get out". I was instructed to poke these small sores w a needle to release the blood that is under. This has been rare and I have only had to do this about 5 times. The problem is that I have one small area about the size of a beebee that is in one location, and won't go away! I have tried to pop it, but my concern is that it feels hard underneath the skin and wont crack, almost like a mini graph that is just simply trapped under the surface. No where else on my head does it feel like this spot everything else seems fine. What should I do about this beebee, and has anyone else had healing experinces they can share?

I had a HT about 6 weeks ago (1880 FUs) and I have a question for anyone with knowledge regarding sores coming up from "hairs trying to get out". I was instructed to poke these small sores w a needle to release the blood that is under. This has been rare and I have only had to do this about 5 times. The problem is that I have one small area about the size of a beebee that is in one location, and won't go away! I have tried to pop it, but my concern is that it feels hard underneath the skin and wont crack, almost like a mini graph that is just simply trapped under the surface. No where else on my head does it feel like this spot everything else seems fine. What should I do about this beebee, and has anyone else had healing experinces they can share?

• Administrators

What you are describing is called folliculatice (not sure of exact spelling) and does some times occur during the post surgical healing and new hair growth stages. It is normally a minor problem, as minor as the old zit in high school - annoying but not serious.

Some times a surgeon in rare cases will prescribe medicine if it is trouble some. Alex is right. You need to ask your surgeon.

I will transfer this post to the "ask a surgeon" forum so we can all get a real medical opinion on this issue.

Pat - editor

Thanks for reading this post. But it's your posts that make this discussion group real and vital. Please jump into the discussion. Just pick a topic and click the reply button.

Never Forget - It's what radiates from within, not from your skin, that really matters!

My Hair Loss Blog

Sharing is what keeps this community vital. Please join in. To learn how I restored my hair and started this community, click here.

Follow our Community on Twitter.

I truely appreciate you responding to my posting. The sore I mentioned has actually gone down significantly and is 90% healed. Right now I am in a lonnnnggggg waiting fase, which I am wondering if any hair is going to come out at all. How long was it from when your procedure was done to when you had hair coming in? It has been 7 weeks since my HT and I have seen no results. Is this normal? Thanks once again! Oliver