FUE Growth Issues?

Is it true that hair transplanted using FUE Method are less likely to grow, or is it just what people say to convince you to go with strip method?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

Is it true that hair transplanted using FUE Method are less likely to grow, or is it just what people say to convince you to go with strip method?

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic''. Arthur C. Clarke

my hair from Dr.Woods is growing fine. I got a FUE transplant from Dr.Jones too, it is too early to judge this, not quite 2 months post op, but some is growing in. I got Woods work 4 months ago. These were on different areas of the head. I was a NW 6. In May of 2003 I would like more FUE work. But just leg hair.

The hairs obtained by Follicular Unit Isolation should grow just as well as hairs obtained by strip harvesting.

A concern occurs with the rate of transection.The rates of transection can be higher than with strip harvesting. If one is implanting transected hairs the survival rate and caliber of hair may be diminished

Paul T. Rose, MD, JD

President ISHRS

Board of Trustees ISCLS

Dr. Paul Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians