good point about the laser

giants

I dont want this to become a huge thing but BeHappy did make a good point about the laser. Maby like rogaine, it needs to be used everyday. I doubt anyone who has used laser has used it everyday like BeHappy and he claims great results from it.

• Moderators
Originally posted by frog:

i used a laser hood and minoxidol for 2 yrs an all i did was lose a lot of money icon_mad.gif

So now we know... minoxidil doesn't work. Everyone reading this who says they are using minoxidil and getting good results are no longer credible unless they can show before and after photos and can prove they only used minoxidil.

icon_biggrin.gif

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

BeHappy,

I know you are making a joke, however if one wants to find before/after pictures of patient's using minoxodil only, those pictures are a few clicks away.

I'm not going to use this thread to debate whether or not laser therapy works however, unfortunately, the above is not true with laser therapy to date.

Maybe you can be one of the first patient to publicly post before/after pictures that will show the benefits of laser therapy!

Bill

It's so funny how bad people want the Laser to work. I seriously think it is due to the whole Laser envy thing.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

The fact that there are still people who claim laser combs work for regrowing hair (and those who believe them) are the reason all those foul-smelling snake oils still sell. Human gullibility knows no bounds.

Just shine a flashlight at your head 3 times a day and you'll have the same result people. And all you're paying is the cost of the batteries.

• Moderators

Guys, my hair is growing in from the laser comb. Seriously! I'm at the 3 month mark now and even I am surprised by the results so far. Now I really wish I took better pictures at the beginning, but I didn't expect to get this much hair growing all over where it would be noticeable in pictures. I had some thin hair all over my head to begin with, so I figured a little thickening wouldn't really be able to be shown in pictures. You would just be able to say it's the lighting or whatever.

But I have to tell you it's definitely noticeable now. I have some pictures of me at an outside wedding last month and some of those show my head very well (very bad! LOL) in natural light, so I might be able to use those for before pics. I'm on vacation the first week of November, so I'll try to take some outside pics to compare.

Also, I hate to even say this because I know you'll think I'm crazy or making this up, but my scars from old transplants are actually filling in! I didn't think that was possible. This one I can prove because I do have pictures of my scars from years ago. I'll get some pics up here soon.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

• Moderators

I promised to keep updating you on my laser comb progress. Up until now I've posted only positive things, but I promised to be honest, so now I'll post some sort of bad news.

Over the last week or 2 I've noticed some shedding of the new hair that had been growing in during the first 3 months of use. I kind of expected it since I didn't think all of the new hair would continue to grow into thick, long hairs as a lot of them started out as very fine hairs. I'm hoping they will start growing again on the next cycle and will grow in longer and thicker the next growth cycle.

Until then though it's a little depressing, but I'm still ahead of the game overall and I'll continue using the laser comb at least a few more months to see if a next growth cycle comes along.

I also think I may have contributed to at least some of the fall out by backing off of the proscar too much. I'll start using that a little more, but still going for a lower dose than I had been at before the laser comb.

I'll update you again in another month or so.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

BeHappy,

Thanks for continuing to post your progress on use of the laser comb. Perhaps some of the shedding is due to the normal hair growth cycle. I have also heard by a few reputable hair restoration doctors that hair tends to be "thinner" in the colder months and then thickens in the warmer ones.

Hopefully the hair will come back and they just might unless it's your male pattern baldness progressing further.

Keep us posted on your progress.

Bill

The only problem with Behappy's progress is the fact there are other varibles invoved such as Proscar. Tough to determine whether it is the meds or the Laser??

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

• Moderators
Originally posted by Mrjb:

The only problem with Behappy's progress is the fact there are other varibles invoved such as Proscar. Tough to determine whether it is the meds or the Laser??

Somewhat true I agree, but

1. I'm not here to be a guinea pig and stop taking everything else that helps just so I can prove to you or anyone whether or not the laser comb works. I'm here to grow hair. If what works for me is a combination of things then that's what I'll use.

2. I've been on proscar for 10 years since it came out. It stopped my hair from falling out and has very slowly over the years thickened my hair, but that was a VERY slow process over many years. Some of the hair that grew has never grown past being short thin hairs. Even the ones that did grow long still were very thin, fine, wispy hairs.

3 I said several times I thought I was a good candidate to try the laser comb because the proscar did grow a lot of very fine hairs on my head, so the laser comb had something to work with since the biggest thing about the laser comb is it's supposed to help existing hairs grow better, longer, and thicker.

4. Once I started using the laser comb some of the fine hairs that can hardly ever be seen started growing longer. Some of them have now grown to an inch or more where the most they ever grew before was just barely breaking the surface. The ones that were growing longer before seem to be thickening in the shaft. This was not happening (or happening VERY slowly over a period of years with proscar).

5. I was able to reduce the proscar dosage because I no longer get a sebum buildup on my scalp. After more than 25 years of oily, greasy, sebum filled scalp unless I took enough proscar, it suddenly stopped just a few days after starting to use the laser comb.

With that, my 3 month of use feelings is that the laser comb is working.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

• Moderators

When i started using the laser comb, I decided to try it for 6 months before I made a final determination of whether I thought it worked or was total crap. However I also said I would keep everyone updated on the progress (or lack of) during those 6 months. This is what I have done.

If my hair all falls out I will tell you. If it grows in like Elvis I'll tell you. If after 6 months I feel my hair is till the same as it was before I'll say that. I have no agenda other than trying to get more hair growing on my head. I post about it to let others know how my trial is going since there doesn't seem to be any other real ongoing results anywhere.

I really wish the other 2 or 3 people who said they startd using it around the same time I did would post their results so we can see what's going on. What happened to Petesman?

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)