Few questions

Abid

I am kinda confused about certain things. So here's a few questions I had.

1.Is it a good idea to take Minoxidil 5% if you only have a receding hairline? My crown area is actually fine. When I was reading the warning label at my work (Harris Teeter), I remember it said something like don't take it if your trying to use it to help your receding hair line. It said that it's only intended to help the crown area. Im sure though that people on this forum and elsewhere have probably used both finasteride and minoxidil together.

2.If Im on propecia and Nizoral 1%, will using Minoxidil 5% help increase my chances of halting my hailoss. I was thinking that using both in conjunction will help me even regrow hair, hopefully somewhat like somewhat's did. If it worked for him, maybe it could work for me, it's worth a shot I guess.

3.Which is better, Nizoral 1% or 2%? I got the 1% instead.

4.What do you guys think of my gameplan for my hairloss treatment? Using propecia, (probably proscar in the future since it's cheaper ), minoxidil 5% along with also Nizoral 1%. Should I change it at all? Any suggestions would be helpfull. Im only 23 and I feel like I desperatly need to do something about my hairloss. After learning so much on this forum, I feel like I really can do something about my MPB before directly thinking about getting a HT.

Abid,

I also had a noticeable receeding hairline at 23. Although at the time I thought it was bad trust me as the years go by it will get a lot worse. I am only now on a very aggressive regime at 27, in retrospect I would've started this earlier. If I were you (which I was at 23) I would get on Proscar/Minioxidil and Nizoral 2%. If you have a poor diet I would also consider some vitamins like Complex-B and a multivitamin that contains biotin and zinc. You may not get fantastic regrowth but it will help your future hairloss.

Best of Luck!

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006

So your saying that I should get both proscar and Minoxidil 5% at the same time along with the Nizoral 2%? I just think it's gona be a pain in the butt having to do all that for such a long period of time and if I stop either proscar or minoxidil then my hair's gonna start to fall out again. I guess I'll just have to do what I gotta do and thats to keep up the gameplan for however long it will take.

• 3 years later...
Originally posted by Abid:

I am kinda confused about certain things. So here's a few questions I had.

1.Is it a good idea to take Minoxidil 5% if you only have a receding hairline? My crown area is actually fine. When I was reading the warning label at my work (Harris Teeter), I remember it said something like don't take it if your trying to use it to help your receding hair line. It said that it's only intended to help the crown area. Im sure though that people on this forum and elsewhere have probably used both finasteride and minoxidil together.

2.If Im on propecia and Nizoral 1%, will using Minoxidil 5% help increase my chances of halting my hailoss. I was thinking that using both in conjunction will help me even regrow hair, hopefully somewhat like somewhat's did. If it worked for him, maybe it could work for me, it's worth a shot I guess.

3.Which is better, Nizoral 1% or 2%? I got the 1% instead.

4.What do you guys think of my gameplan for my hairloss treatment? Using propecia, (probably proscar in the future since it's cheaper ), minoxidil 5% along with also Nizoral 1%. Should I change it at all? Any suggestions would be helpfull. Im only 23 and I feel like I desperatly need to do something about my hairloss. After learning so much on this forum, I feel like I really can do something about my MPB before directly thinking about getting a HT.

My sister used propecia 5mg from online pharmacy - emedoutlet. It worked for her. She is using since last year and half.

Originally posted by Abid:

So your saying that I should get both proscar and Minoxidil 5% at the same time along with the Nizoral 2%? I just think it's gona be a pain in the butt having to do all that for such a long period of time and if I stop either proscar or minoxidil then my hair's gonna start to fall out again. I guess I'll just have to do what I gotta do and thats to keep up the gameplan for however long it will take.

Abid, unfortunately, that is the reality of the situation. Use Proscar, Minoxidil and Nizoral regularly for a year and see if you can get some good results. If it works, well and good, continue being on them for the rest of your life. There are no guarantees though. Ain't hairloss a bitch!!!!!!