Mikeshair

mikeshair

Hi Guy's,

Here are pics of my top, back,sides and front. I want to do the HT badly. Am I a good canidate and how many grafs would I need just to fill in the top well. Been waiting too long. Additionally, Whom can I go to in the NJ/NY area that is good and will work with me in terms of $$$. I'm not the riches guy but I need terms if possible. Can anyone help

9311022103_2A61151EEB6C698C324C6C81C2614EDD.jpg.thumb 5411022103_ED484E573CC16DEA5CA694908F1881E6.jpg.thumb 4411022103_C558C0ECC21DA78C21B302CEB5BE3C66.jpg.thumb 3411022103_BBFE6D607091CC1F2C8DCDE7C0564F24.jpg.thumb 2411022103_E2AE835BAD01F0243D00B452EABB4899.jpg.thumb 1411022103_1EB6E66084BB0446845E4C207FECF3D2.jpg.thumb

personally for your level of hairloss I would go to see Dr.Feller in that area hands down his profile is listed under the coalition surgeons...with that said nj/ny area has other very good docs also part of the coalition...go see a doctor in person to let you know if you are a good candidate or not.

I will second Scholar's recommendation---- If you want a very nice result and you are concerned with price, Dr. Feller is a nice choice.

In addition, he is located in NY and while I always tell people not to limit themselves geographically, I think you would be in great hands with Dr. Feller.

In fact, I think he has a patient on his website with your same level of loss who looks really good after his sessions with Dr. Feller.

I think you are a good candidate and from your pics I would estimate you need 4500-5500 grafts to achieve a very nice, age appropriate hairline and density.

You have very deep temple recession and you want to make sure that you address them properly, otherwise you will not be very happy with your outcome.

You are similar to me, in that you have a broad balding area, so guys like us require more grafts to achieve a non-balding look.

I would get some estimate of your total donor availability (ie-7000-8000 grafts) but I would NOT do anything less than 4000 grafts for your first session (laxity and donor density permitting)

Please understand, you will most likely need 2 sessions to reach your goals comfortably.

Ultimately, you, your wallet, and your Doc will determine the best course of action, but trust me when I say that you will not realize a drastic cosmetic improvement until you hit the 4000+ graft mark.

I hope this helps you out.

Feel free to ask as many questions as you need to as there are many members here that can give you valuable advice.

Take Care,

J

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

mikeshair,

Welcome to the forums,

B Spot gets another A plus for his thorough post. I agree with everything that's been said so far.

I would also, however, consider at least consulting with Hasson and Wong, especially with Dr. Hasson. He is known to do extremely large sessions in a single session for elligible patients. He, however, is in Vancouver CN and you would have to travel...but the rule of thumb here has always been not to let location determine which doctor you choose. As B Spot said, however, most likely to reach your goal, you will need at least 2 sessions. But it would be wise to get as large of a session as possible in your first session. Dr. Feller, however is also a wise choice and he is more local to you. It's just always helpful and wisse to consult with a few doctors, so you may want to include Hasson and Wong in your consultations.

Good luck to you.

Bill

Thanks Bill!!!!!

I was coming back to this thread to edit my previous post to tell him to do some telephone/virtual consults with H&W or SMG, but you beat me to it!!!!!

That's what I love about this place---- I knock off a bit of info and you step up and get my back!!!!!!

Gotta Love It!!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Hair Grease!!!!!

Go Cubs!

6721 transplanted grafts

13,906 hairs

Performed by Dr. Ron Shapiro

Dr. Ron Shapiro and Dr. Paul Shapiro are members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.