strip size

propaNe

hello to all. its been a while since i have posted on this site. your responses are professional and that is why i'm posting again. my concern is how to get a doctor to give an accurate description of the size (measurement)of the graft and an amount of grafts that they can extract from that strip.

could this then be a way to evaluate the different doctors, in terms of their efficiency with the strip?

hello to all. its been a while since i have posted on this site. your responses are professional and that is why i'm posting again. my concern is how to get a doctor to give an accurate description of the size (measurement)of the graft and an amount of grafts that they can extract from that strip.

could this then be a way to evaluate the different doctors, in terms of their efficiency with the strip?

I'm not sure if I understand your question... You want single Follicular Units (no combined Follicular Units). A "FU" can be one, two, three or four hairs. You don't want Minigrafts or Varigrafts or "volume grafts"... only FU grafts that have been microscopically trimmed.

Have you read this article?

Best_hair_transplant_procedure

If you decide to get a strip excision instead of FUE, then you want to pick a doc that has LOTS of experience with that "best procedure", microscopes, etc.

for example, i went to a consultation last night with doctor fienberg. he stated that he would transplant 800 fu's. i asked how large a strip it would take to get 800.

i understand that the strip is magnefied and dissected. what i want to know is if doctors can give an exact size of the strip that they remove from the back of your head. or is that something that is calculated the day of surgery?

as far as follicular unit extraction, if i'm in need of 1400 fu's (as an example), would it be possible to get that many. which doctors are have enough experience in fue transplantation?