Avodart...anyone?

The Von

I have been reading some of the forums on the other sites and I have read that many people are having amazing results with avodart. I havent read anything new about it on this site in a while and I was wondering if anyone is using, or knows anything about it. It seems that most of the posters on this site are more informed and basically more mature than many of the guys on the other site (far less "your an idiot" posts icon_rolleyes.gif). So any information or opinions that you all could provide would be greatly appreciated. At this point I am considering giving it a try. Thanks.

I have been reading some of the forums on the other sites and I have read that many people are having amazing results with avodart. I havent read anything new about it on this site in a while and I was wondering if anyone is using, or knows anything about it. It seems that most of the posters on this site are more informed and basically more mature than many of the guys on the other site (far less "your an idiot" posts icon_rolleyes.gif). So any information or opinions that you all could provide would be greatly appreciated. At this point I am considering giving it a try. Thanks.

Griswald is on Avodart. I'm hopeful that he'll post follow ups and picts. I'm very curious to see them.

He wrote about it in the thread (in this forum group, "avodart??". It's just further down this page.

We do know that Avodart is about 4x or more as expensive as Propecia, and no long term studies exist as they do with Propecia. It is riskier, but it stands to make sense that it'll work better than Propecia.

Avodart blocks about 99% of DHT production and Propecia blocks about 85%.

Avodart's half like is like 6 months and Propecia's is only two weeks. If you react adversely to Avodart, your body will be slow to purge it. That could be a real problem. Propecia's short half life makes it easier to "get off of", but then hope you don't miss two weeks of dosing or it's back to sucksville as to hairloss.

Finally, Avodart is dutasteride and Propecia is finasteride. Avodart blocks two enzymes that help the body form DHT and Propecia blocks only one, so their "technical" names make sense.

DHT may be like the appendix -- completely useless (after a male fetus is fully developed), but I don't think we really know. Blocking 99% of it may be pretty risky.

Ahh, I rambled a bit.

Good point on this forum, though. I enjoy that the posters are generally honest, helpful people in my view. That is why I post here and not elsewhere.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.