Hi to all

Hi

I am Ajju. I am a 27-year-old guy. I am new to this forum. I went through your posts. I also would like to take advice from you and share my thoughts regarding HT. I lost about 70% of my hair on the scalp area. I am planning to go for HT, I consulted Dr. Ashok in Hyderabad. He prescribed me Finax 1 tablet daily and told me that the cost will be Rs. 40,000 in one sitting. I also consulted Dr. B. Narsimha who is also a HT doctor, who does Laser-assisted Hair transplant, he told me that the cost will be Rs. 50,000 for 1200 grafts. My baldness is grade 5. I would like to take your advise, what should I do? Should I go for Laser-assisted Hair transplant or should I consult Dr. Ashok or any other doctor in India only.

Waiting for reply

Thanks,

ayaz,

welcome; you say you lost 70& of your hair--that is relative to each individual; if you have lost 70% of your hair, I would guess you are a norwood 6 and therefore may not be a candidate for a HT at 27; I would not move forward with a surgery with Dr. Ashok; I think a poster here named Jagdish had a surgery with him and the results were sub-par; I would recommend consulting with one of the coalition docs on this forum; many do on-line consultations; do not let location dictate where you go; Finax is the generic finasteride and I would continue with finasteride to stabalize your hairloss; I am not familiar with Dr. Narisimha; also at your age if you are already at an advanced stage of hair loss, chances are you could lose more and have to do future surgeries; IMO I would continue with finasteride while further reaserching and consulting with coalition docs; Also, I have never heard of laser-assisted HT. I would be wary.

Guest josh - b

ayaz,

Welcome. I recommend you post some pictures of your hairloss so we can see where you're at.

Taking finax is a good start. As for the laser assisted surgery, that is a bad idea. None of the top doctors use lasers for surgery. I read an article on the reasons why not recently but its contents escape me. I'm sure somebody here will chime in and let you know.

Also 1200 grafts will not be nearly enough to make any significant impact if you are indeed a norwood 5. And again, pictures will help.

best of luck

Being a "good" candidate for a HT is only half the battle, unfortunatly; the other half is making sure you don't roll the dice with a suspect doctor, jeopardizing your time, money, and precious donar supply.

Based off of the fact that lasers are being touted, as well as a 1200 graft session for a NW5+ (wow).....it already sounds like a criminal procedure that you should *seriously* hesitate and investigate.

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physicia...nsplant-surgeons.asp is a list of "recommended" HT practitioners. Of the "coalition doctors", I beleive they are all located in either the U.S., U.K., Canada, Belgium, and Brazil....while travelling is never ideal, it is often a necessary evil if you don't want to sacrifice expected quality and results.

-----------

*A Follicles Dying Wish To Clinics*

1 top-down, 1 portrait, 1 side-shot, 1 hairline....4 photos. No flash.

Follicles have asked for centuries, in ten languages, as many times so as to confuse a mathematician.

Enough is enough! Give me documentation or give me death!