Dr Feller-question.

Hi. I am new to this site.I am 41 years of age. Currently Norwwod 4.I have approached my GP who refused my request for finasteride/propecia.(I think it is because he is not aware of it!)I have no regime in place but I want to go ahead with a HT.I would like a consultation with Dr Feller-a chat I suppose just to allay ones fears etc and to answer a few questions I would have -given that he is quite a busy man has anybody requestes a pre HT chat. Thanks

platty, welcome to the forum you've found a great place to begin researching your options.

Dr. Feller does some fantastic work and is a very nice chap too. He will be entirely honest with you about your options. I think you can arrange an in person consult by contacting his surgery on info@fellermedical.com

Good luck

"Plan for the worst & hope for the best"

It's called a consultation and you should have one with any surgeon you are considering. I met with Dr. Feller twice before deciding to have surgery with him. It's not just to allay your fears, but to discuss a plan for your Ht and possible future Hts.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Hi platty,

Good to see you found the forums before going ahead with any HT work. Im guessing you live in the UK, you will be on the right path if you have a consult with spex, as i did. He will be able to tell you what can be done. icon_wink.gif

6 HTs !!

around 7690g!!

Cheers Spex and to all who have replied.I will drop you an email in the next few days for a meet.I thought about getting in touch with a chap called John Ashcoft reicon_razz.gifroscar. I was reluctant because of my gp's refusal to prescribe and also, I thought, if I was going down the route of a HT then any other prescribed help would be superflous/unnecessary. Am I correct in thinking this.I was under the impression that once hair has been transplanted, then genetically, this hair will not fall out and thus not require the help of proscar/propecia.

Cheers-it is a relief talking about this subject to like minded people.

platty, meds might help you retain what native hairs you have. younger guys could see some regrowth. it's not mandatory you be on meds.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Welcome aboard Platty!

Can't stress enough how essential it is to meet Spex - not just to find out the options but also to put your mind at rest and get lots of hope for the future. He's been there and done it, and his advice for me personally, was invaluable. I had my HT with Dr Feller exactly 2months ago now, and all went very well indeed.

Good luck!

Hi platty - I can endorse what both Dazza uk and Steveyd have said about seeking Spex's advice. I met with him earlier this year and was impressed with both his breath of knowledge and genuine desire to help. Spex is an HT veteran who will give you an honest assessment of your situation and a good idea of what you can realsitically hope to achieve if you go down the HT route. He advocates researching all you can and although he represents Dr Feller, is not in the least partisan. Having considered a number of the excellent Dr's recommended on this and other forums, I elected to go to Dr Feller and had my HT in early September 07 and am very happy with the result thus far. Feel free to search for my post of that experience here on this forum.

I will be posting my 3-month update and pictures in the next week or so. Good luck!