saw palmetto?

Has anyone ever tried Saw Palmetto as a means of lowering DHT levels in the scalp area?.

Any positive or negative experiences with this herb?.

Fenugreek seems to be a name that also creeps up.

Many thanks icon_biggrin.gif

Has anyone ever tried Saw Palmetto as a means of lowering DHT levels in the scalp area?.

Any positive or negative experiences with this herb?.

Fenugreek seems to be a name that also creeps up.

Many thanks icon_biggrin.gif

dabuski,

Welcome to our community.

It is my opinion that Saw Palmetto is a waste of time. Back in the day when I was trying "scam" products before I knew anything about hair loss, I did personally try it. Experientially it did nothing for me. BUT...since I don't judge everything on my personal experience (after all, there is no hair loss cure yet anyway), I've done research to see if anyone else has reported a positive experience with it. I have yet to read any convincing testimony as to this product doing anything to inhibit DHT.

My advice...

Research and consider finasteride and/or Minoxodil, the only two FDA approved medications for hair loss that have publicized proof of efficacy.

Cheers,

Bill

I don't think it helps much with preventing hair loss, but I do think it helps maintain a healthier urinary system. It may also prevent a pretty nasty surgery later in life. A lot of other guys I know do also. I take it for these reasons, and that is all.

as far at the urinary tract is concerned id only use it if your over 40. it blockes DHT B which is very minimally responible for hiarloss. In most cases It can be very benificial for your prosate but in rare cases it is very harmful.

I read a lot of the same things.

SP has less side-effect issues than Finasteride, and it has a similar effect on the prostate as Fin. It would be wonderful if SP would also work on hair with fewer sides than Finasteride, but the overall conclusion of the hair loss community seems to be otherwise. "No sides, and no hair benefits either" is what the vast majority of the hair loss SP users say.

Not viable.Been there done that.

You are welcome to try it though.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!