Nizoral Shampoo

I heard that Nizoral Shampoo helps aid in DHT prevention for hair loss.

An unexpected side effect from the 'Ketoconazole' - an anti-fungal ingredient in the shampoo used to treat dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.

Anyone else heard of this or use it?

Chris

I heard that Nizoral Shampoo helps aid in DHT prevention for hair loss.

An unexpected side effect from the 'Ketoconazole' - an anti-fungal ingredient in the shampoo used to treat dandruff and seborrheic dermatitis.

Anyone else heard of this or use it?

Chris

Nizoral is a great shampoo for dandruff. In fact its is the only products that really helps me to control my dandruff.

I have been using it for over 5 years now and I can state that it has not prevented hair loss at all. I know for sure because I had a HT about 10 weeks ago.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

• 1 month later...

It is an excellent shampoo, actually the best for keeping dandruff at bay. But it does not have any active ingredient that directly or indirectly prevents hairloss.

What it DOES do, however, is keep your scalp is good shape. It should be a part of every balding man's regimen.

Remember, you can't fight hair loss with one weapon, you need to take a comprehensive approach and attack it with everything you have got.

Nizoral should be used twice a week for the first few weeks or less (depending on results) and eventually no more than once a week. You can also use a volumizing shampoo on one day, a DHT inhibitor on another two days and maybe yet another moisturizing shampoo on the final day of the week. By providing your scalp with a variety of care and stimulus, you will achieve a good all-round effect.

Some of the rigorous DHT inhibiting shampoos/treatments may help prevent hair loss, but they can also thin your hair and inflame your scalp.

Use a shampoo to clean, not to regrow hair. That's what Propecia/Proscar are for...

Max

• 10 months later...

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Nizoral should be used twice a week for the first few weeks or less (depending on results) and eventually no more than once a week. You can also use a volumizing shampoo on one day, a DHT inhibitor on another two days and maybe yet another moisturizing shampoo on the final day of the week. By providing your scalp with a variety of care and stimulus, you will achieve a good all-round effect.

Max,

What shampoo are you referring to as a DHT inhibitor ?? Thank you.

Signature:Please click here to vote for the doctor you would go to if you needed a hair transplantation today!

Disclaimer: I am not a qualified medical professional nor do i work for any doctor, hence these are my personal and honest views. Hopefully I will benefit someone as I had benefitted from this awesome forum.

My HT blog - 2600 - Dr. Feller: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/blog/68/

photo album: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/PD/albums/135

Guys, all this talk of shampoos, sprays, creams being able to stop hair loss is crap. The only things that stop hair loss are Finesteride (Propecia), Dutesteride (Avodart), and Minoxidil (Rogaine). That's it, that's all. Any shampoos or sprays can only be used to help keep your hair as clean as possible, to maybe aid in the above 3 solutions to hair loss. Remember that. Anyone who knows their stuff will tell you the same.

Cheers,

danger

• 8 months later...