Anyone

Rico

I am doing research on HT and am wondering about shock fall out. I am 23 and thin all through out.I am currently on my 7th month of propecia. How severe is the fall out post-op and does it come back? Anyone have any suggestions other than the propecia for someone like me at this time.

I am doing research on HT and am wondering about shock fall out. I am 23 and thin all through out.I am currently on my 7th month of propecia. How severe is the fall out post-op and does it come back? Anyone have any suggestions other than the propecia for someone like me at this time.

Rico:

Shock loss is really quite unpredictable. Basically, though, if you were going to lose that hair in the near future, then the transplanted hairs seem to speed up that process. Hence shock loss.

If you are thin all over, you may be heading to NW7 and a HT would be a bad choice for you. Propecia and Minoxidil are your best options, and you have been smart and gotten on it early on.

Usually shocked hair is gone for good because it was on its way out shortly anyway. Sometimes Propecia can counteract the effects of shock.

Almost everyone here will tell you based on what you've written, you are not a good candidate for a HT for a myriad of reasons.

Stick with the meds and best of luck. Post some picts if you can later on. That is how you'll get the best feedback from this forum's users.

Best of luck.

vocor1

Knowledge is Power

If the worst question is the one never asked, then the worst answer is the one never shared.

I'm not sure what the going rate is for propecia is from where you live,but here anyway(NZ) proscar is a much cheaper option because of the way it is marketed.The strengths are different as proscar is 5mg v's 1mg propecia and therefore proscar is divided into quarters.But by far a cheaper option for you to consider.

Re fallout post op..

Info I have here says.. "you may lose 5 to 20% of your hair in the area that has been grafted" "this always grows back within 120 days" I didn't write it so I don't pretend to be the author. My own case seems to me that I'm in the 5% group as I have not really noticed anything.