propecia after 3 weeks

frak82

Hi, I am a 24 year old male who just recently started taking propecia about 3 weeks ago.

I started taking it because I noticed a receding starting on the left side of my hairline.

Even though I started taking the drug 3 weeks ago, I now have a chunk missing on my left side, more than 3 weeks ago.

Could this be a result of the initial "shedding" where hair that isn't in the growth phase falls out?

When is propecia supposed to start halting or slowing down hair loss? Immediately? Or does it take a couple months.

It's making me anxious to be going bald.

Hi, I am a 24 year old male who just recently started taking propecia about 3 weeks ago.

I started taking it because I noticed a receding starting on the left side of my hairline.

Even though I started taking the drug 3 weeks ago, I now have a chunk missing on my left side, more than 3 weeks ago.

Could this be a result of the initial "shedding" where hair that isn't in the growth phase falls out?

When is propecia supposed to start halting or slowing down hair loss? Immediately? Or does it take a couple months.

Originally posted by frak82:

Hi Frak82,

The results people get on propecia varies from patient to patient. Generally it should provide benefits within 6 months. Here is a result of a clinical study that shows the increase in hair count that most guys will get during 5 years of treatment with Propecia:

http://www.propecia.com/finasteride/propecia/hcp/prod_d..._count_increases.jsp

If your hairloss was a result of the shedding from Propecia than you should expect that hair to return in the next hair cycle within 4-6 months.

Although the fact that you had a 'chunk' of shedding in the one place is a bit concerning, I would've thought that the shedding would be evenly spread. It may be an idea to go to a dermatologist for a second opinion.

1344 grafts with Ron Shapiro - June 2006