Hairmax M.D.

Strider

Strider,

I just looked it up to find out the active ingredients.

Here they are:

1. Hypoallergenic Swedish> Flower Pollen Extract

2. Jojoba Oil

3. Aloe Vera

4. Tea Tree Oil

5. Lemon Oil

6. Vitamin E (Tocopherol)

7. Biotin

8. Zinc (Chloride and Oxide)

I have researched about half of these ingredients so far and none of them are proven to combat against hereditary hair loss.

Doing a brief lookup on each ingredient, not one of them is said to be an inhibitor of DHT, the hormone responsible for genetic hair loss.

In my opinion, you are best to stick with the 2 FDA approved hair loss drugs that are proven to work, finasteride marketed as Propecia, and minoxodil marketed as Rogaine. Generics are also available. Using Nizoral shampoo or Revita shampoo which contains ketoconazole as an adjunct treatment may also prove to be beneficial.

Best wishes,

Bill

Stick to the big 3

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

that is very informative Bill

in my opinion all hairmax md have done is researched potential natural hairloss products,bought them in bulk,mixed them up and then sell them for a nice profit.

i could buy these ingredients, add a further ingredient and market it.(chucky`s magic hair potion).

i will stick to the proven meds thankyou.

2 x strip ht`s with Norton,very poor results

1 x fue ht with DHI,very poor result

• 1 year later...

I ask to you some questions. One is what procedure you was used for hair lose ? How you use these oils. All in one time or one by one ? I am using "Tara-Mera Oil". Its best for dandruff and hair loss. Its effective but not enough. I mean to say that you wish to use oil and on one time your hair loss problem will finish. Its wrong. Use it with proper time and examine it.

• 6 months later...

Graham,

I understand the problem, it is tempting to try "Natural solutions" rather than nasty "chemicals". However chemistry isn't as simple as you think:

Parabens- strongly suspected carcinogens and often said to be bad for hair loss, a chemical preservative.

Also found in high concentrations in grapefruit and many other fruits.

Uva Ursi- often quoted in hair loss remedies, a natural plant extract from traditional chinese medicine meant to increase metabolism and blood flow.

Has been proven to be toxic and interact to prevent numerous other medicines working.

So be careful. There are approved drugs, and non-approved drugs. Not all drugs are bad for you in the same way as not all "natural" alternatives are good for you.

Also be wary of the "many people used this and got all their hair back" there are many ways to bend the truth and doctor images, you can bet if the peiople selling natural oils really had found a quick 100% effectove cure they'd be shouting a lot louder about it.