Any progress anywhere?

Has anybody heard of any advancements or new ideas over the past few months? Maybe someone can explain to me why scientists can clone entire animals (most recently a cat) but can't clone hair. As a 25 year old with fairly straight and fine hair this may be my only option down the road.

Has anybody heard of any advancements or new ideas over the past few months? Maybe someone can explain to me why scientists can clone entire animals (most recently a cat) but can't clone hair. As a 25 year old with fairly straight and fine hair this may be my only option down the road.

• 10 months later...

I heard about a Dr. Coen Gho in Europe (ghoclinic.com) who recently patented a technique for cloning hair follicles. Not sure if it works at all yet, or what type of future this technique has. Has anyone else heard anything more about this?

j25:

Cloning a hair isn't a problem. I'm sure it has been done. But how long does it take and how stable is the clone? Plus, let's say you have 1 FU you want to clone, but the patient needs 2000 FUs for a cosmetic improvement. How long does that take.

Just because you cloned a hair cell doesn't mean you've solved hairloss. Maybe someday, that will not be the case for people who do not wish to remain bald.

vocor1

• 4 weeks later...

yeah Dr. Jones in Toronto is also doing body hair transplants, mostly chest hair. Someone asked him about armpit hair and he said he hdan't tried it yet, said he was worried about possible gland issues and odors (lol). I'd volunteer to get armpit hairs, leg hairs, or even...should I say it......pubic hairs. I don't really have enough chest hairs to cover a good area on my scalp. The thing that excites me about it is no scars on your head (if done right) and if it doesn't work you can still shave it all off witout the unsightly strip scar in back.

Baldness is masculine. Jason Statham would look really gay with hair.

I am approximately 2 months post-op from a procedure with Dr. Jones. 1 day of the procedure was used to remove 500 chest hairs via FUE, and implant them into the ear to ear donor scar I have from prior strip incision surgery. It is still much too early to tell how successful this procedure will be.

Dr. Jones told me that the best I can hope for is 50% growth rate of body hair in scar tissue. Had the body hair been transplanted in normal scalp tissue, the success rate would be much higher. I will be giving the procedure a full 6 months before making an assessment of the success of it.

Details of my HT history can be found at: <A HREF="http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3hjqi/" TARGET=_blank>

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3hjqi/[/url]

TheTKDKid

TheTKDKid

http://mysite.verizon.net/vze3hjqi/

very funny lol. Geez now I wish I hadn't said it. Just threw it out there to see if anyone else was thinking the same thing. My chest just doesn't look like a sweater lol.

Baldness is masculine. Jason Statham would look really gay with hair.

• 3 months later...

Can you post some pics of your chest please.

Those wholes seemed quite big ... I hope it healed so it is still possible to go to the beach.

Consultant-co owner Prohairclinic (FUE only) in Belgium, Dr. De Reys.

• 3 months later...