Early hair loss - looking for help on my plan

hoss

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I did some looking around on the net and you guys seemed to have a lot of good information posted here so I wanted to ask you for some suggestions.

Here's my story in a nutshell. I'm 25 years old right now. I had a good hairline and thick hair until recently. 2 years ago I first noticed some hair loss. I started taking Biotin supplements a few months later. It proviced no help - so I stopped. A few months went by and I saw my dermatologist and started taking propecia (that was 5 months ago). Since then I can't say that I've really noticed a decrease in my hair loss and I don't notice any regrowth. Propecia is the only thing I'm currently taking.

Last week I had a free consultation w/ hair club for men. In the hair analysis it showed that pretty much none of my follicles were shut down...but I had very thin, weak hairs in the area my hairline is recending. They suggested their EHT (extreme hair therapy) program as I would be a great candidate and show see regrowth in my hairline and thicken up my hair.

So I come to you asking for advice on this program. I am definitely in an early stage and I believe what they're telling me at HCFM. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone been through this program and have some feedback? Should I still continue to take propecia and the EXT program?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Hi everyone, this is my first post on here. I did some looking around on the net and you guys seemed to have a lot of good information posted here so I wanted to ask you for some suggestions.

Here's my story in a nutshell. I'm 25 years old right now. I had a good hairline and thick hair until recently. 2 years ago I first noticed some hair loss. I started taking Biotin supplements a few months later. It proviced no help - so I stopped. A few months went by and I saw my dermatologist and started taking propecia (that was 5 months ago). Since then I can't say that I've really noticed a decrease in my hair loss and I don't notice any regrowth. Propecia is the only thing I'm currently taking.

Last week I had a free consultation w/ hair club for men. In the hair analysis it showed that pretty much none of my follicles were shut down...but I had very thin, weak hairs in the area my hairline is recending. They suggested their EHT (extreme hair therapy) program as I would be a great candidate and show see regrowth in my hairline and thicken up my hair.

So I come to you asking for advice on this program. I am definitely in an early stage and I believe what they're telling me at HCFM. Is this too good to be true? Has anyone been through this program and have some feedback? Should I still continue to take propecia and the EXT program?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Don't waste your money with the EHT--hair club just wants your money; they only FDA approved medications for hair loss are propecia (finasteride) and rogaine (minoxidil). The EHT is a marketing scam. Stick with propecia--use proscar and 1/4 it to save you money and if you want to add anything give minoxidil a try; the routine of applying it can be inconveniant; but do not waste your money with hair club.

Dhoose75 is a smart guy

Skip all of the BS and get on the BIG 3

Propecia

Minioxidil

Nizoral or Revita shampoo

These are the only items which have been proven to assist in Hairloss ( although these shampoos are marginal)

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

Originally posted by dhoose75:

Stick with propecia--use proscar and 1/4 it to save you money and if you want to add anything give minoxidil a try; the routine of applying it can be inconveniant; but do not waste your money with hair club.

What is proscar? What do you mean 1/4 it?

Proscar has the same active ingrediant as propecia which is finasteride; however it comes in 5 mg pills to treat the prostate in older men; so buy splitting the proscar pill in 4 pieces you have approx 1.25 mg which is close enough to the 1 mg of finasteride in propecia. The dosage does not need to be exact; the cutting isn't precise but it is not going to matter in the long run; Yes rogaine is minoxidil; you can by generic at walmart for around 25$ for 3 months; Nizoral can be bought over the counter as far as I know.

In 1999 I payed more than 5000 euros!!! for a treatment like EHT (9 months) that did NOTHING to my hair. Then I switched to the BIG 3 (Propecia, Minioxidil and Nizoral shampoo), my hair loss stopped and my hair looks fine. There's nothing better.

Exactamundo!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THE EXT PRGRAM THAT HAIR CLUB OFFERS....I just signed up to tell you that DO NOT DO NOT DO NOT DO IT....

I have signed up for it...you pay 1900 for squat....stuff you can buy right from your computer....It is based around shampoos and coniditioners NOT EVEN approved by the FDA to combat hairloss and saw palmetto pills another ingredient NOT APPROVED by the FDA to fight hair loss and 5% minoxidil which is THE ONLY thing approved by the FDA in their EXT regiment. so save your money by Fin Nizoral and minoxidil and do it yourself....DO NOT BUY THEIR PROGRAM...

If people would take the time to dosome research they would say a LOT of money. They would avoid the scams Bp1 mentions as well as the hundreds of fake treatments. Been there done that!

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

EXACTLY Mrjb...as you always say there is Niz, Fin, and Minox and the rest are fluff

The fact is EXT is just like Avacor....based on mInoxidil...So in reality just take 5% Minox and you save so much money...I signed up for EXT...told my dermatologist what it consisted of...he laughed and told me to get off it...I did and went on Niz, Fin, and Minox and that did WONDERS for me....save your money