Switching from Propecia to Proscar???

marino450

Been on propecia for 3.5 months and it seem to be working for me ( i think it is ) havent seen any growth but hairloss is at a minimum and hair seems thicker. My question was that if i switch from propecia to proscar, would i get any shedding even though its the same stuff. Since propecis is working for me, is it stupid for me to try to switch to proscar to save some money???

Thanks alot

Been on propecia for 3.5 months and it seem to be working for me ( i think it is ) havent seen any growth but hairloss is at a minimum and hair seems thicker. My question was that if i switch from propecia to proscar, would i get any shedding even though its the same stuff. Since propecis is working for me, is it stupid for me to try to switch to proscar to save some money???

Thanks alot

• 1 year later...
Originally posted by marino450:

Thanks alot

So, how did the transition from propecia 1mg tp proscar 1.25mg go for everyone? Any shedding? long term effects? How about the erection

I switched last week, and already I see an intensive shedding compared to my propecia stage, and also my hard on is less hard. how about you guys?

Marino,

Switching from Propecia to Proscar should be no problem and you shouldn't experience any additional shedding since the medication is technically the same.

You will want to cut the Proscar pill into quarters with a pill splitter since this medication contains 5mg of finasteride as opposed to 1mg of finasteride in Propecia.

Additionally, many people do swich to save money, so it's not stupid at all.

The only difficulty you might have is getting a doctor to prescribe the medication since it's not indicated anywhere on the medication that it is designed to prevent hair loss.

Personally, I have made the switch and am quite happy about it.

Cheers,

Bill

I too switched from propecia to proscar about 2.5 months ago. I also had increased shedding, but I could not figure out that if that was from switch to proscar or from the rogaine foam that I had stopped during the switch to proscar.