How often should propecia be takin?

Someone

Hi!

i was reading some of the posts you people wrote about how often you should be takin propecia and i found this statement that

The % reduction in DHT is proportional to the dose taken - a higher dose reduces a greater amount of DHT. Some people take a high dose ie 2.5mg once every three days...

And since i am a new user with this propecia id like to know what you people think about this? is it unlikely to be a true statement or have any of heard of it at all?

Someone- this one has been thrashed to death. I think the consensus is that Propecia stays in the system so every second day will suffice or take every night if easier ( sometimes I forget when I took it last so for sake of consistency I take it every night )

Okey jacobS, but then again would the effect of achievement be as full as takin it every day as the prescription is sayin?

and my secound questions is how is it with the life time of this drug can the body build a rejection against this drug? and by takin it less often would it help its lifetime?

Good questions. I've seen it written that poster Smoothy has a proactive method for taking propecia over a long period. I think once a year he stops taking it for a period of a month or so and he swears by it. Smoothy can you comment pretty please!

Not sure whether it's a month or 2 weeks but I remember that Smoothy story too. The idea is to prevent your body from getting used to the drug, thereby reducing its effects, although there's no scientific study to confirm that. Personnally I take it every other day, sometimes I forget and don't take it for 3 or 4 days, but I have had no further hair loss. No hairs on my brush or in the bath tub.

I disagree with the sentence "a higher dose reduces a greater amount of DHT". This is not what the studies on Finasteride have shown. Guys taking 1mg per day and guys taking twice as much have had exactly the same results (well, the latter spent more money). I have posted this study somewhere on this forum but that was last year and I can't rememember where exactly. And I would not exceed the recommended figure anyway, if nothing else for your liver's sake.

3045 FUs with Dr Victor Hasson on 8 June 2004

1836 FUs with Dr Jeffrey Epstein on 2 March 2006

Regimen: 1.25mg Proscar every other day

So i if i can put this right you take propecia 1 Mg/day and make a two week or 1 month brake just to make the body not too get used to the drug?

Whats the difference of takin it once each otha day? does this help the life time of the drug? like for how long does the 1 mg dose block DHT? 24 hours? or?.....

Waverly,

Welcome to the forums.

Propecia should be taken for as long as you would like for the benefits of the medication to continue. Unless you have other instructions from your physician, it is an indefinite medication meaning that it is intended to be taken for an indefinite amount of time. Once again, all benefits of the medication will dissipate shortly after the medication is discontinued.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

• 4 years later...

I've begun to take finasteride 1,5mg EOD. I try my best to keep you posted on how well it works for me!

However I'm 23 with a Norwood 2, so my results may not be entirely typical of the average finasteride user.