Some queries regaring hair systems

Bald guy

How good is the hair system so far aesthetics are

concerned. Once I use it will I be able to shampoo my hair in the normal way and will my hair follicles receive it (because of tremendous amount of dandruff I have to shampoo a lot).

My doctor is telling that after some time

when we get accustomed to it I can remove it

myself as my system will be attached using some clicks (4 clicks) which can be fixed by myself. Is it true ?

How good is the hair system so far aesthetics are

concerned. Once I use it will I be able to shampoo my hair in the normal way and will my hair follicles receive it (because of tremendous amount of dandruff I have to shampoo a lot).

My doctor is telling that after some time

when we get accustomed to it I can remove it

myself as my system will be attached using some clicks (4 clicks) which can be fixed by myself. Is it true ?

Guest brent

You can wash your own hair but just the sides and back. You can lift the system at the front and wash with a brush underneath(if your system will be attached semi-permanently.) You can also get a system that clips on to your hair that you can take off every night. These are good for hygene reasons but if you play a lot of sports or are very active, you will always worry thatyour system will come off. There are a few pros and alot of cons about these systems.

• 2 months later...

I've been wearing a "system" for ten years and it pretty much sucks.

They look pretty good , but I find them a real pain.

I used clips for a long time, and weaves, and glues.

I find the best is STRONG tape all around. I have a real oily scalp and find I need to wash ALL of my hair daily.

After wasing I re-tape the whole sucker into place. It really doesn't take too much time.

I had a BAD transplant ten years back. I just had it corrected in Brussels, so I plan to give up the rug as soon as possible.

If your trying to hide a bad transplant, a "system' is wonderful. If your just going bald, shave your head or look into a GOOD transplant.

I really doubt wearing a wig will make you feel better, but who knows. There are some good ones out there.

One more thing. I starting wear a system in my mid-twenties and pulled it off pretty well. Now I'm in my thirties and I just don't think it works as well as we get older, just my two cents.

david

• 3 months later...

David,

Its been a number of months since you posted, if you are still out there, how is the new (good) transplant actually going.

I've been looking into the transplant side of things since I've been getting progressively worse after using minox (circa 4 months) and Proscar for 18 months....

I'm really wary about some of the horror stories that see re bad transplants and just wonder how you find a good surgeon whom you feel you can trust.

The best way seems to be to ask people about their experiences

• 2 weeks later...
Guest K GIOTIS DHI CHAIRMAN

at dhi we are testing a new hair system that is surgically afixed to teh scalp . similar devices have failed in the past. the new device hoppefully will not create any foreign body reaction - infection or pain. the material we use has been tested in plastic surgery procedures but not in hair systems untill now. we are have only performed a few operations so far and we want to wait before we preent the advantages . i am wondering for all those who do not qalify or do not wish a transpalnts if such a sustem will be of interest rather that using glue tapes clips etc/ your opinion will be apreciated . you can also e mail me direct at kg@dhi.gr if you wish to participate in the study.

David,

Its been a number of months since you posted, if you are still out there, how is the new (good) transplant actually going.

I've been looking into the transplant side of things since I've been getting progressively worse after using minox (circa 4 months) and Proscar for 18 months....

I'm really wary about some of the horror stories that see re bad transplants and just wonder how you find a good surgeon whom you feel you can trust.

The best way seems to be to ask people about their experiences

I'm not sure if you remember, but I had a BAD transplant ten years back. So, I was very careful picking a doctor. Yes I am very pleased. It has been about four months and new hair is popping up daily. The scar on the back of had head has healed very well. It is not visable, unless I really go digging through my hair for it.

I have read that most of the hair comes in about 5 to 6 months. My was either early or there is more to come.

It is such a switch to see hair cgrowing instead of falling out.

I trust Devroye completely. He was very honest about what to expect and how the surgery would go.

The thing that really impressed me is the amount of time he takes to consult with yo and during the operation itself. He did not charge for the consult which lasted for a good hour. I was worried and the time to really explain things and I also got to see a man who got a transplant from Devroye a year before (impressive).

Anyway, Mu first posts where about how great the operation was. Now I am enjoying the new growth. Great Fun!

I couldn't recommend Dr. Devroye any higher. I am sure there are others that are as good. I personally haven't meet them. Just be carefull. My first operation ended up being a ten year nightmare. Finally with Devroyes help I can get rig of this god for saken wig and go swimming again.

take care

david

• 1 year later...

hai,

i just got a hair system from HCM..... plz dont get one .it is a real pain in the ass. some one suggest me if it is good to remove it off.. i hate it. it is so bad. looks natural but is so in convenient. i havent balded so much but i wanted mor hair.guess i made a pathetic mistake.

• 1 year later...
kg@dhi.gr
Wow, these Hairsystems, seem to be really bad. Is there anyone out there who likes them. Seems to me, that it wouldn't be that bad. I mean, I am not trying to promote them, because I don't wear one, I had a Transplant, but that don't make it great either, but it seems to me that a Hairsystem wouldn't be a bad idea. If they could figure out how to attach one to the scalp. With all of our technology, it would seem that a Hairsystem of some kind could be perfected in such a way as to be comfortable and not blow off, and have a natural hairline.

I have never used a hair system but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it many times over the years. I think they have improved in recent years just like hair transplantation. There must be enough guys who are satisfied with them, willing to commit to the maintenence, and can afford the regular replacement. If not, how come there are so many HCM and Apollo outlets?

I don't dispute that hair systems can provide fuller coverage (especially in cases of extensive baldness)and lend themselves to a variety of styles and looks. These factors are generally limitations with surgical hair restoration. In may case I will probably have to accept my bald spot at the crown. My feeling though is that as we men grow older who cares!!! I think most of us would rather have our own hair rather than literally be glued to a system for the rest of our lives. I want to look appropriate for my age and am perfectly OK with a thinner density.

Phil C.

Originally posted by pushing 40:

I use one; it covers a small area of the floor outside of my shower. looks great and soaks up lots of water when I step on it.

Good one!! icon_biggrin.gif Maybe we can come up with 101 uses for a piece! For number 1, How about as a "buffer" after waxing the vehicle? icon_wink.gif

Hairbank

1st HT 1-18-05 - 1200 FUT's

2nd HT 2-15-06 - 3886 FUT's Dr. Wong

3rd HT 4-24-08 - 2415 FUT's Dr. Wong

GRAND TOTAL: 7501 GRAFTS

current regimen: 1.25mg finasteride every other day

My Hair Loss Weblog

Disclaimer: I'm not a Doctor (and have never played one on TV ;) ) and have no medical training. Any information I share here is in an effort to help those who don't like hair loss.

No one can argue with the fact that these days hair systems look very natural and pretty much undectable to the average person. The only people may might take a second look are hair system wearers themselves, which doesnt really matter...But i agree with Mt. Baldy in that if they could find a way to surgically or asethically affix the piece onto the scalp, a hair system would be better than an ht in my opinion. I mean come on i see guys on this forum that have gotten ht's and they are still using all these medications and concealers and what not.,.what the hell is the point of getting a ht if you still have to do all that stuff! I am optimistic that in a few years, the hair system affixing issue will be solved and sales will take off.