New To Forum

GrayFox

New to this forum. I am 63 and have fine gray (mostly white) hair. My hair loss is a thinning of a U shaped area from temple to temple leaving an area in front that is near normal density. Sort of a Norwood Scale V, with the crown still intact.

This thinness first became apparent to me about two years ago. The way I have styled my hair for the last twenty years has helped make the thinness less apparent (accept when back lit).

HT surgery is scheduled for early September, for 2000 - 2500 implants, with my presurgery appointment with Dr. Paul Shapiro mid-August.

Is there any special questions I should ask Dr. Shapiro, and/or information I should get?

Thanks for your imput.

New to this forum. I am 63 and have fine gray (mostly white) hair. My hair loss is a thinning of a U shaped area from temple to temple leaving an area in front that is near normal density. Sort of a Norwood Scale V, with the crown still intact.

This thinness first became apparent to me about two years ago. The way I have styled my hair for the last twenty years has helped make the thinness less apparent (accept when back lit).

HT surgery is scheduled for early September, for 2000 - 2500 implants, with my presurgery appointment with Dr. Paul Shapiro mid-August.

Is there any special questions I should ask Dr. Shapiro, and/or information I should get?

Thanks for your imput.

GrayFox,

Dr. Paul Shapiro is a fine physician, trained by his brother Dr. Ron Shapiro. He is one of our coalition doctors and uses ultra-refined follicular unit transplantation.

Since the clinic you are choosing is known to use the latest techniques and technologies, I think the only main thing to discuss is your short/long term game plan. It will be important for you and your doctor to discuss your expectations and goals in order to see if what you want to do is possible and how many grafts/hairs it will take to meet your goals.

Bill