I recently had a second hairtransplant 2 weeks ago. My last transplant was a year ago and I dont rember much about the first couple of months. My question is how long does it take for donor scar pain to go away. My donar scar hurts when I go to bed at night. I sleep on my back and sides. It also hurts when I apply vitamin e to it. I don't remeber this soreness with my last transplant.

I recently had a second hairtransplant 2 weeks ago. My last transplant was a year ago and I dont rember much about the first couple of months. My question is how long does it take for donor scar pain to go away. My donar scar hurts when I go to bed at night. I sleep on my back and sides. It also hurts when I apply vitamin e to it. I don't remeber this soreness with my last transplant.

Guest wanthairs

desperate,

I had donor scar pain forabout 5 weeks. now 2 weeks into things I feel nothing...My scalp feels the same as befroe apart from about a 3" diameter region of numbness.....

relax......your scalp is tighter second time around so I guess that may be why the pain is lasting longer....

Hi

My 3rd HT was the best relative to donor pain. This was due to the scalp exercises I did ( did not for the first 2).. Ok, pain is a part of recovery, specifically in the donor area. Let's remember we just had our head sliced open and stitched back together.. Are you taking the pain meds? I use all of them personally. After 2 weeks or so, the pain should decrease and then it should be sore.. Now, you will have your bad days when you feel a little stinging or so ( i think it is the healing?).. It takes about 4 months before I start to feel normal again.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!