PC, a question please......

Pc,

I read in one of your posts that you were once in the "hairpiece" or "hair system" business. I thought you might could answer my question. I had my second HT in December, and my hair was cut. I have a function in a short while where there will be pictures, etc. I was wondering if it is pobbible to have a replacement piece only for the front area. I don't need a full replacement just some of the front area, and I would want to be able to remove it shortly after. Would this be possible, and what should I need to look for or watch for in talking to someone? It must be undectable. Thanks very much for any advice!

Pc,

I read in one of your posts that you were once in the "hairpiece" or "hair system" business. I thought you might could answer my question. I had my second HT in December, and my hair was cut. I have a function in a short while where there will be pictures, etc. I was wondering if it is pobbible to have a replacement piece only for the front area. I don't need a full replacement just some of the front area, and I would want to be able to remove it shortly after. Would this be possible, and what should I need to look for or watch for in talking to someone? It must be undectable. Thanks very much for any advice!

this is a yes and a no answer.

if you live in the new york area, we'll meet and see what could be done

I used to wear just a quarter of an inch of what's called "lace" in front of the rest of my real hair.

this does give a natural hairline, but the lace needs to be no less then a certain density...so, the density behind the lace needs to be at least as dense, otherwise it won't look right...so you might not be a candidate even though it's done.

in addition, it takes some practice putting this hairline on and making it look good, since there is no firm body to it.

the best way to make the lace for best appearance, you need to insist on unprocessed hair, which is more comonly known as "european" hair.,

plus, for best appearance, it needs to be made with what's called "bleached knots"...the hair is bleached on the bottom before the knot is tied...hair direction should be staight forward...most techs like to knot the hair in the direction of the style, but this is incorrect.

the knot will shift over time regardless, but it should start out direction forward.

there are also differant types of "blend" which is used in the front to get a more whispy appearance.

then the method of securing the lace is an issue.

we had that issue solved, but I would need to meet with you to show you how to do it, and again, it would take practice

so, long story short, without someone who's done it before to spend time with you, getting the lace prepared, and then showing how to apply it, it's probably not going to happen.

Pc,

Thanks a bunch, that gives me some idea as to what is possible. I'm afraid I won't be coming to New York anytime soon unless I go on a seminar my company is offering in May. If I do I'll email you and let you know. Otherwise I may just take the info you gave me and see what someone around here(if there is any) can do. Thanks again!