International Society of Hair Restoration membership

Abby

Is it possible for any individual to join this society. Are there anysafe gaurds in place to avoid this i.e bogus fakers, cowboys, butchers etc to protect the masses from these immoral people. Also if membership is accepted does this in any form or manner elevate that physcians position etc giving them clout and recognition compared to physcians that are not registered.

Anybody??

Guest josh - b

abby,

Not any individual can join the ishr but any hair transplant surgeon can.

So no, unfortunately it doesn't screen for immorality, butchers, cowboys etc.

The hair transplant world is completely unregulated so thats why its important to research your doctor well and forget about what memberships he/she holds.

hope this helps

Abby,

Josh is correct.

One of the purposes of our online community is to help patients make educated decisions on which hair transplant surgeon to select. Therefore in some respect, we are helping to regulate the hair transplant world by recommending only those hair transplant surgeons who have a proven track record of positive results.

Bill

The ISHRS is not a list of "recommended hair transplant surgeons". It is important that patients understand this. Being a member is a good thing but it is not necessarily indicitive of a doc's surgical skill.

Notice: I am an employee of Dr. Paul Rose who is recommended on this community. I am not a doctor. My opinions are not necessarily those of Dr. Rose. My advice is not medical advice.

Dr. Rose is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

Thanks for the response guys. I suppose you could say regulating and recommending drs is still in it's infancy stage. But, taking into consideration the hard work and effort you guys are putting in im pretty sure it wont be long before many other H/T Drs will have to be regulated or become members of a recognised organisation where it will be compulsory to demonstrate their competance and efficiency especially in parts of the world where real technology and methods of transplantation are still questioned. Years ago H/Ts were only for the rich and famous but nowadays although still expensive more and more people are finding the money to have H/Ts that has lead to H/T Drs springing up all over the place. I believe forums like this will pave the way for tighter control as this can only elvove it to something much bigger and better allowing people to distinguish between butchers and experts.