My HT procedure 5-oct-2007 with Dr. Epstein

sabravo

Originally posted by jddidt:

MORE HAIR

I hear you... I'd have much preferred if Dr E was in the New England area, as opposed to having to fly in and out of Miami (Mon-Wed). But I would never allow a plane trip and hotel sway me either way.

In the end, however, I did enjoy the mini trip on my own. I have a wife and children so they didn't have to experience my nervousness the evening before, or the morning of the surgery, or even see me immediately following.

I arrived in Miami at 3pm, checked into the hotel at 4pm, and even got lucky as the NE Pats were on Monday Night Football. I ordered some delivery and watched the Pats roll on towards Super Bowl #4!

So when I arrived back in Boston the next evening I was cleaned up, refreshed wearing a hat. My kids have no idea.

Good luck. And feel free to contact me. I'll be creating a web page soon.

I'm not a parent but it's really great how you factor in the people around you in your decision...refreshing.

I'm also going to send you a private message...not anything i'm hiding...just a little back and forth about your experience/Epstein

Thanks again

Guest wanthairs

jiddit...

I felt the same good gut feeling with Dr. Epstein.. As far as I know he has hundreds of satisfied clients....However im going to leave judgemnt out until about 14 months post op to see if it really was worth it. I have some growth so far but a very very long way to go....

Well I have my HT past friday and went excelent.

DR. E it's real good and all his staff.

I will put some photos...

2850 total grafts

Foto-0007.jpg.3210b77331014688562a865d90dd82a2.jpg

2804 grafts

1104 single hairs

1318 2 hairs

382 3 hairs

and a few 4 hairs

for a total of just around 5000 hairs

Hi, I started yesterday using propesia every other day and regaine foam (next week) twice a day.

My question is the shampo... Wich can I use?

Nioxin system 2?

Nizoral 1% or 2%?

Pregaine?

2804 grafts

1104 single hairs

1318 2 hairs

382 3 hairs

and a few 4 hairs

Sabravo

I had mine a few days before you w Dr E. I was told by Susie who did the followup wash to use baby shampoo. I've been using that every day. Just something with not too many chems will work.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Hola amigos...

I'm 18 days post op... all the scrabs are done and I have about 400 hairs... my Question is..

All of them will disapear?

2804 grafts

1104 single hairs

1318 2 hairs

382 3 hairs

and a few 4 hairs

Sabravo

I am 20 days post-op (Dr. Epstein patient) and I still have a few scabs hanging and a fair amount of the implanted hair. Since the literature from the clinic said that the scabs would be gone in 10 days, and some are still there at day 20, and the hair is supposed to fall out in 3 weeks, I am going to assume that the implanted hair will fall out in 4-5 weeks. That's my guess.

I am still using baby shampoo and will transition to H&S dermatitis shampoo in a week to keep the Rogaine foam (which I am using once a day) from irritating the hell out of my scalp.

Hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...

sabravo:

Yes, most of them will jump ship and you'll look pretty much like you did before, if not a bit thinner than before due to some shock loss. When/if this happens, do not despair! Your journey has just begun and in 4-5 months, you'll start to see something that will get your attention. 6-8 months will be exciting and soon enough you'll be standing in front of the mirror saying "holy crap, I have hair!"

Trust me on this. I had a number of people on this board say the same thing, but once it happens you'll be amazed. You just have to get through the hard part which is the waiting.

Good luck!