FUE n Strip- Long hair ?

Hi,

I just want to know, once you get strip or FUE hair transplant, can you keep your hair long after wards?

Some people say you only can buzz short hair if you gona get FUE done. Please advise in your opinions.

Thankyou, waiting for reply's

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

Hi,

I just want to know, once you get strip or FUE hair transplant, can you keep your hair long after wards?

Some people say you only can buzz short hair if you gona get FUE done. Please advise in your opinions.

Thankyou, waiting for reply's

Propecia .5mg

1/2 tablet of hairscript formula

hairdude,

There is never a problem growing your hair long with Strip or FUE. The question comes up when someone wants to cut their hair really close - especially in the sides and back of the head (the donor area) where the strip or hair grafts were extracted. At extremely short lengths it is possible for scarring to show through. However, you can grow your hair down to your ankles if you'd like icon_wink.gif

Bill

• Moderators

For FUE you have to buzz the entire area for the procedure to be done, but afterwards you can grow your hair as long as you want to.

With strip some doctors require shaving the recipient area if you still have some of your own hair growing there, but afterwards you can grow your hair to any length, although you may have a donor scar visible at very short lengths. The donor area will be buzz cut, but most of that area is what is being removed to be placed where you need it and that will be sutured or stapled closed.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.