Below Average Donor Density?

Hey guys, I am a NW 5/6 and had 3006 grafts by Ron Shapiro on 1/21/08. My hair count was as follows:

1 hair- 1014

2 hair- 1556

3 hair- 422

4 hair- 14

So does this mean I had below average donor density since I had a very small number of 3 and 4 hairs? I'm just trying to figure out if I'll need a 2nd session or not.

My weblog:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=580

Hey guys, I am a NW 5/6 and had 3006 grafts by Ron Shapiro on 1/21/08. My hair count was as follows:

1 hair- 1014

2 hair- 1556

3 hair- 422

4 hair- 14

So does this mean I had below average donor density since I had a very small number of 3 and 4 hairs? I'm just trying to figure out if I'll need a 2nd session or not.

My weblog:

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=580

Guest josh - b

relaxo,

on average theres 2.2 hairs per graft so yea you are a tad below average.

Looking at your pics u covered a big area so the final result may lack a little in density regardless but dr shapiro is a first rate doc and will have done a fantastic job.

I say sit back and enjoy your new hair when it arrives and try to put thoughts of futher procedures on the backburner for now.

best of luck

Relaxo,

As our other members said, you are a bit below average in terms of number of hairs per follicular unit. You are about 1.8 instead of the average 2.2 or 2.3.

However, remember that hair characteristics play a vital role in determining the cosmetic appeal of the result.

The only way you will know whether or not you will want a second hair transplant session is by waiting for the first one to grow in. Then you can make an evaluation as to whether or not you want/need more hair density.

Bill