Scab fall-off

So, it's been 7 days and a few scabs have fallen off, and everything is getting really dry up there. Seems like there should be a mass fall-off soon. How does it actually happen, a lot at once?

How long does it usually take...I want these things to be gone asap but I'm trying my best to hardly even touch them. I'm continuing to use the topical spray sollution that the Dr. gave me, and also started letting the shower-head hit directly on my head for the first time, tonight.

Hopefully it all clears up soon, and then the next 2.8 months will zoom by.

1,614 with Dr. Pistone on 2/3/06 in Marlton, NJ.

As long as the moon shall rise

As long as the rivers flow

As long as the sun shall shine

And the grass will grow

Let me listen, I will learn to speak

The old language

Yes, I yearn to bathe in blue skies

And fall apart from the world of machines

Regain my feet and my pounding heart

My Hair Loss Weblog

Hello, im 8 days today 3297 graphs from Dr. Hasson, today i was more aggressive with my shampooing still not putting my head under the spray though, im using a small bucket still, a circular motion (small circles) more aggressive and working the shampoo in, a couple hours after it dried i did the same small circles to get rid of scabs and dry skin, it worked great and at 8 days i feel confident the graphs are in solid, yesterday i rubbed aloe vera (no alcohol) all over my graphs and my staples, just soaked it in, it felt great but you gotta be careful because it dries real sticky.

Dr. Hassons office doesnt use the spray anymore he said just wash it and keep it clean, i still mixed up my own spray bottle of Aloe and water it just feels to good not to spray down the graphs, Doc said thats fine.

At day 9 and after i will be more aggressive at removing scabs and dead skin but never using my fingernails to pick at it.

Today my donor area is a bit irritated and sore but my recipient area feels fine

Day 9-10 is considered the best time to start being more aggressive on the grafts.

No benefit letting the scabs remain on the recipient beyond that time.

7500 grafts till now. All by Dr. Arvind/Dr.A, New Delhi.

They include strip FUHT, FUE and body hair grafts.

Hoping to accomplish full hair restoration.

Hey Bro66, i was told not to use baby shampoo, last year from Shapiro & this year from Hasson, i think because of alcohol content????, makes scalp to dry???, check it out, just trying to help

Is it okay (being post op 9 days) to rub the recipient area (without fingertips) at medium "harndness" to try and get off some of the scabbing. Some of the very dry ones fell off and like almost like little flies...haha....is it okay to do that? There is some white dead skin, and hardened scabs, but some wont come off unless I rub a bit.

Is this normal?

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Originally posted by dhuge67:

Is it okay (being post op 9 days) to rub the recipient area (without fingertips) at medium "harndness" to try and get off some of the scabbing. Some of the very dry ones fell off and like almost like little flies...haha....is it okay to do that? There is some white dead skin, and hardened scabs, but some wont come off unless I rub a bit.

Is this normal?

A medium hardness rub is best at this time.

Do not pick on the difficult to remove scabs. They will be easier to handle in a couple of days.

Originally posted by finallyfree:

Is this normal?

A medium hardness rub is best at this time.

Do not pick on the difficult to remove scabs. They will be easier to handle in a couple of days.

Say you do, will it ruin any grafts/work?

???

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

????

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Will anyone help out with this question? Please...

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Is it usual to have no evidence of a hair transplant, as in a bald scalp, in the area where transplanted FUs were placed? While some hairs remain, tons of scabs fell off leaving no trace of hair or hole behind them.

I'm just not sure if this is to be expected? Lots of hairs have stayed but the majority went down with the scabs.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Mine just got really dry and I just rubbed them a bit (no nails) and they fell right off.

And the grass will grow

The old language

My Hair Loss Weblog

Is it usual to have no evidence of a hair transplant, as in a bald scalp, in the area where transplanted FUs were placed? While some hairs remain, tons of scabs fell off leaving no trace of hair or hole behind them.

I'm just not sure if this is to be expected? Lots of hairs have stayed but the majority went down with the scabs.

It is normal for many hairs to come off with the scabs. The follicles still remain embedded in your skin and will be dormant for a couple of months. So, yes, it will look like you didn't even have a transplant done and you'll probably wonder if the transplant even worked! Don't worry! After a few months, new hairs will begin to sprout from the follicles under your skin.

I had HT #2 about three months ago and some of the new hairs are just beginning to poke through the skin! Can't wait until about month six when the real action should start happening!

I'm a little over two months past my HT and I'm starting to see a few very dark hairs poking through. I'm now starting to feel a little better about getting the HT.

3 months is when the tranplanted hair starts growing , it may take over a year to see final results. The hair may go threw growth cycles starting with fine hairs first then thickening up over time.

1045 FUT "hairline" with Dr Feller on Nov 05

825 "hairline" with Dr Loria "saw so so results" on Jan 01

MHR 325 "hairline" micro/mini 's 1999 "big mistake"

I had a HT in May of last year, it is only recently that I have noticed how much hair has grown. I was also nervous that grafts were not growing or i dislodged them after surgery, but around 6 months to a year is when you really see the results. I had 1800gfts, and my head really looks amazing from what it was once before.

Hi

I saw a huge difference in my HT from 6 months on. At 12 months the results are great ( 1417 grafts)and the difference is substantial. Just had my second HT (1476) in Late December and looking forward to some big improvements.

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

That is normal and to be expected. Nothing to worry about.