13 weeks post op...

mr invisible

and there hasnt been much growth yet. I had 500 grafts placed into my temple areas. If i look really close there is a few tiny hairs that you can see but thats about it. Now I know for some people it can take a little longer to see results but at almost 3 and a half months shouldnt I have a signifigant amount of little hairs growing in? Also my skin is still slightly red where I had the grafts placed. I can still see exactly the area he worked on. I do have sensative skin, to the point where the slightest little scratch with my finger nail will turn my skin red, so this could play a role in why the skin is still red. But at 13 weeks there shouldnt be any redness what so ever correct? Do some people differ on that as well?

and there hasnt been much growth yet. I had 500 grafts placed into my temple areas. If i look really close there is a few tiny hairs that you can see but thats about it. Now I know for some people it can take a little longer to see results but at almost 3 and a half months shouldnt I have a signifigant amount of little hairs growing in? Also my skin is still slightly red where I had the grafts placed. I can still see exactly the area he worked on. I do have sensative skin, to the point where the slightest little scratch with my finger nail will turn my skin red, so this could play a role in why the skin is still red. But at 13 weeks there shouldnt be any redness what so ever correct? Do some people differ on that as well?

I do have sensative skin, to the point where the slightest little scratch with my finger nail will turn my skin red, so this could play a role in why the skin is still red. But at

That is tough. You may take a little bit longer to sprout. I myself am actually almost at 3 months, I believe I see tiny little hairs coming but I wouldnt say they were numerous. I've been told about Month4 is when it should really start to sprout. Hang in there tho, it can be really stressful on the mind waiting for it to grow, but you just have to be patient and ride it thru. may I ask who was your doctor?

Originally posted by mr invisible:

My doctor was Deyaraman from San Diego

Oh no, not another Dr DeYarman case with no results! Perhaps in your case though, not enough time has passed - I'd give it another month before you start worrying.

PB

If one is seeing growth at 3 months, then that is considered early growth. Grafts start really popping at the 4 to 5 month mark heavily and about 60% of growth is evident at the 6 month post-op point.

I know it's hard, but be patient. You should be seeing results soon.

-Robert

------------------------------

Check out the results of my surgical hair restoration performed by Dr. Jerry Cooley by visiting my Hair Loss Weblog

thanks for the replys, I guess i need to just take a deep breath and wait a little longer. Its just I got worried after seeing that spock didn't have great results with the same doc that I went too. Also the fact that the redness is still there has me sketched a little bit, has anyone else heard of this happening to anyone else? Its not bright red or anything but I can definetly distinguish the area where the grafts were placed. Is there anything I can do to help this go away?