scalp exercises

Guest wanthairs

Guest wanthairs

Hey guys.....I am 12 weeks post op and already thinking about the next one in about 6 months time. I want to know,

1. for how long should one do the "joetronic" scalp exercises for before a procedure?

2. Is there any variation of it ? and how often etc etc?

3. How come most doctors never talk about these exercises???

Are they very beneficial ?

Also is it safe to start doing them now at 12 weeks post op ???

Thanks guys, your advice is always great......

Guest wanthairs

Hey guys.....I am 12 weeks post op and already thinking about the next one in about 6 months time. I want to know,

1. for how long should one do the "joetronic" scalp exercises for before a procedure?

2. Is there any variation of it ? and how often etc etc?

3. How come most doctors never talk about these exercises???

Are they very beneficial ?

Also is it safe to start doing them now at 12 weeks post op ???

Thanks guys, your advice is always great......

Wanthairs,

1. Don't do scalp exercises until 6 months post op at the earliest. You should do scalp exercises at least a month prior if you are diligent, but the longer you do them, the better off you will be.

2. Well, sure...You could position your hands differently, heck, I even laid down a few times to do them and moved my head while my hands were stationary...gave my shoulders a rest.

3. I can't really answer why many doctors don't talk about it....but yes, I believe they are beneficial.

MrJb from our community did scalp exercises for the first time for his third surgery and got a greater number of grafts on his third surgery than his others - all from the same doctor Dr. True. I think that even made Dr. True a believer.

Bill

Good Bill. I didn't do prescribed exercises and had a very low harvest number. Additionally the post op pain in donor area is greater. I wasn't aware of waiting six months after to start again but that makes sense. So important.

I want to use the exercise thing as making a good point of why even with coalition docs we have a long way to go here. Until my last HT I never heard it from anyone. And I can't thing of anything more important the patient could do to help themselves and the doc.

Good point B

I am the perfect example of the benefit of Scalp exercises.. My first 2 HT's yielded 1400 plus and yes, my scalp was tight post op ( especially the 2nd). So , I heard from Joe/Bill about these and asked Dr. True.. He said, he was not sure if they would help but he suggested I tried it as well.. So, I did them about 2 months pre op and when I went for my third my goal was 2000 grafts.. Dr. True was very surprised by the laxity and we yeilded 2124.. Moreover, There was no post op tightness as all..

I am sold on them... I can say, after 2 months of doing them, my scalp actually felt sore so maybe that can be the benchmarch if you are doing a good job

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!